Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a good one here for ya. I have been looking around through TCCN (Great site, really worth it). And I read the storry about the "Ghost Cat".

This question is only going to make sense if you are subscribed to TCCN, and have read the story.

Anyway, in the story it says the elderly lady sent Mark a picture of her son's car (The "ghost" car, a 68 Cougar) and it was the same car he had seen on the highway. And in another article, it shows a picture of another Cougar, which looks to be the same year, and at the same location! Only an updated picture, taken recently (Not like the older picture).

Well, before you guys think I have totally lost it (And I am sure some of you do already) I will show you the pictures:

Tell me what you think. The old one is suposed to be the black 68 Cougar that crashed on Coast Highway March, 15th, 1969.

Now if it crashed, how could it be in a newer picture taken recently? Is it the same location? Or the same car? Have I gone crazy? Do I have too much time on my hands? :D

Here's the old one first:

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And the new one - Look at the trees in the background. Big one next to the little one. Looks like it was just taken at a different angle.

Wow, I've lost it =) Way too much time on my hands lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I noticed those. But the pictures do look like they are far apart. Maybe they changed the wheels. Or maybe its a whole differen't car. But look at the location. Doesn't it look the same?

Alright, I'm scaring myself now :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah location does look similar maybe its a park or something.

Kinda weird though...

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
yeah the pics look similar.. maybe they are doctored.. but anyone else notice that ones a 67 and ones a 68?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I noticed that one too. But I am more interested in the location. I guess its just a crazy coincidence that two cars on their site look to be taken at the same spot. One being from an elderly lady in Idaho.

hehe

I'll go comit myself tomorrow =)

Chris

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
TCCN closing down

Just got bad news guys Steve will be closing down TCCN as of april 2003. I will be trying to convince him otherwise and maybe taking on more respomnsiblities to do so which means we need to get the word out and get more volunteers! because if i am working on the editing i wont be the correspondant at large anymore. If you enjoy tccn as much as i do we need to assemble the troops! round up the wagons! get the word out!:1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just noticed that too lastnight! Thats really too bad. They no longer take new subscriptions or renewals! =(

·
Registered
519 Posts
I liked the story about the little old mom who barrowed the sons Cougar and had a bit of a power struggle with it coming back from the super market. LOL

TCCN closing? That would suck!
There is just too much good info on that site. Even if it's not updated anymore there is a wealth of information and great articles on TCCN that make's it worth the $12 bucks a year!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
CMPCPRO....... Step away from the computer!!!!!!! That is pretty wierd though:1poke:

TCCN closing..... Say it ain't so... What can we do? I'd pay 3 times the amount if it's just a money thing.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Don

·
Registered
102 Posts
From the horse's mouth

Well, folks, this is exactly what I was hoping to avoid. The last thing I wanted was for someone to spill the beans and start a bunch of rumors and specualton before we made the announcement and explained the situation.

I guess it's my fault. We felt that the TCCN staff deserved to hear the news before the announcement was made on the web site, but I failed to specifically ask the staff members to keep the information under their hats until the June edition of TCP went up. I just didn't expect a staff member to take it upon himself to speak for TCCN.

Essentially, what Greg said is true. TCCN will be closing in a little less than a year. You can read the details and why the closure is necessary in my column in the June edition, which will be going up later today. Please don't speculate about what's going on until you read the actual announcement.

Keep on Cattin'!

Steve

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

ANYTHING WE CAN DO STEVE?????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts