Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Your Favorite year of the Classic Cougar is?

Votes: 86 21.2%

Votes: 98 24.2%

Votes: 117 28.9%

Votes: 79 19.5%

Votes: 7 1.7%

Votes: 5 1.2%

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • 1974+

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • 1990+

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Uh... WHAAAZAP!

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
how do the poll results match up with...

sales in those years?

years owned by CCN members?

·
Registered
364 Posts
ok, so at least among those here...

the pre-71 cats are more popular. I wonder how old those members are compared to those of us who prefer 71 to 73. My money is on the later models having older devotees. Why? Because when they were out, we were old enough to be attracted to the cushiness rather than the hod roddiness of the older ones.

Just MHO...

·
Registered
103 Posts
we were old enough to be attracted to the cushiness rather than the hod roddiness of the older ones.
LMAO :D

I'd drive a 69 Cougar if the front seat was a milk cart.

But I know what you mean about 'cushiness'
My tow rig has heated leather seats.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is it the hot rod factor or are some of us massochists who appreciate the "never gonna be reproduced" parts list that seems to go on and on....

*grumble*

·
Registered
1 Posts
cougars I own

I own a 68 XR7 and a 1995 XR7. I have owned many cougars over the years, and would not drive any other car, although I think the 99s and newer are really ugly. I wish I could find a rear spoiler like the factory ones for mine, used would be fine. The caris white, color code is WT.

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
I'd rather be eclectic. The 68/69&70 are in the garage below, the 67 GT is waiting to be picked up when my friend runs out of storage space and the 71 convertible up the road is just waiting for the cheque to get handed across.

With one of each I can have restored, resto and racer - and about 20 years work ahead of me. ;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: ok, so at least among those here...

73XR-7owner said:
the pre-71 cats are more popular. I wonder how old those members are compared to those of us who prefer 71 to 73. My money is on the later models having older devotees. Why? Because when they were out, we were old enough to be attracted to the cushiness rather than the hod roddiness of the older ones.

Just MHO...
Cuchiness????????? the 67 xr7 I had had leather interior and was as confortable as the ones of today or any and how old is older if you like 71s-73s better. And the comfort was that much better with the power:1poke:

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I'm surprised the 69 has more then the 70 as well. The 70 has a nicer grille, better taillights, high back seats as standard (69 was optional) nicer hood, better brakes, the Cleveland, should I go on.

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
yes, but the 69 was made in 69!

no innuendo intended, 1969 was in the sixties, 1970 wasn't. it's a sixties thing...

·
Registered
364 Posts
lookie there!

the 73s have picked up a few votes. another ten or twenty years and we'll be right up there with the 69s...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Why is the 69 the most popular?. First year for the convertible. 69 also tends to be a popular year for most cars. The 69 Camaro is the most published car in CAR CRAFT, ever. Also, the 70 didn't add anything that the 69 didn't already have unless you count that hood fang.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey all I voted for the 68 mainly because I own one and the body style and grille are just awesome and the age thing, well I'm the tender age of 25. So I guess it has to go in the books as a matter of taste for beauty. pics below pls reply with comments

·
Registered
197 Posts
My money is on the later models having older devotees. Why? Because when they were out, we were old enough to be attracted to the cushiness rather than the hod roddiness of the older ones.
I have a 72' and I'm 15.:p:
Guess I'm unique:D
Go Me!!!:rolleyes:
Too bad the 72 only has 6 votes:angryfi:
only six....

·
Registered
131 Posts
67 cat

I voted for the 67 because I own one. Looks, style, you just can"t beat. As my father told me your first love is always your best love. As his first love for him is his 40 ford coupe, mine is my 67 Cougar

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like the '68, thats what I'm lookin to buy now

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm with you on that!! I had a hotwheels 67 cougar that i was obsessed with as a kid and always imagined what it would be like to be inside it driving and having real one now, it's as cool and dreamlike as i thought it would be. I'm just happy i didn't obsess over a hotwheels pinto.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts