Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's try this...

Ben,

Please post again, I could not see/do anything with your post on Stu's thread.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
384 Posts
Let's try this...

Ben,

Please post again, I could not see/do anything with your post on Stu's thread.

Regards,

Bob
Here is what I posted
I just want to thank all of you for making this 2011 Cougar Nationals so great
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->
All the help we got from everyone was the best. Seeing all the cars and people that made it to the show was unbelievable.
<!--[endif]-->
Please post your pictures and tell us a highlight of your weekend.
<!--[endif]-->
I had a great time all weekend but two things stand out.

I sat next to John Aiken at the awards dinner. Talking to him and his wife, <st1:personname>G</st1:personname>lory was unbelievable. Hearing John talk about how the design competition back in the 60s worked. How the roll out party for a new cars back 60s was a big deal. Ford still asks past designers to look at the new stuff. We may be seeing something awesome coming out in a few years. Just a great night to be the president of the CCNJPA!
<o:p> </o:p>
The second was when my son <st1:personname>Mike</st1:personname> gave me the third place Mangy Cat award for my 69 XR7 which was too mangy to make the show (has no suspension, pictures to follow).
So let’s hear what you like best!
Thanks again to all that made it to the show.
Stu

PS If you talked with John Aiken about the Cougar and want to share please post it also. I am writing up what I talked about

·
Registered
735 Posts
Stu!

Great great show. One of the best IMHO. Between our two clubs (Cougar Club of NJ/PA and Delmarva) we have hosted the Nats 4 times.

One of my favorite moments was, during the dinner when Mr. Aiken was talking, there was a smattering of polite, quiet talking while he was speaking when he got to the question of whether or not there might be another Cougar (a Lincoln Cougar perhaps) and he said that the young designers at Ford were actually researching the idea. Everyone shut up and we all strained to hear every word!

Awesome.

And, of course, hanging out in the parking lot till the wee hours yappin'

Here are a smattering of some pics I took.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is a street car built as a tribute.
Beautiful job on the tribute car graphics (and all the fine work you did for the event!). Sorry I did not get to meet you.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
735 Posts
Thank you very much Bob.

I know, everything was so hectic and the weekend went soooo quick!

I saw you and your beautiful car but we never seemed to come face to face!

I will make it a point next time (Carlisle?)!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
It is a street car built as a tribute.
Gotcha, I guess I should have known that, but didn't notice the 70 side marker light until just now. Very cool car, even cooler if it has a Boss 9 in it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Stu!

Great great show. One of the best IMHO. Between our two clubs (Cougar Club of NJ/PA and Delmarva) we have hosted the Nats 4 times.

One of my favorite moments was, during the dinner when Mr. Aiken was talking, there was a smattering of polite, quiet talking while he was speaking when he got to the question of whether or not there might be another Cougar (a Lincoln Cougar perhaps) and he said that the young designers at Ford were actually researching the idea. Everyone shut up and we all strained to hear every word!

Awesome.

And, of course, hanging out in the parking lot till the wee hours yappin'

Here are a smattering of some pics I took.
I have that moment on tape (I hope, have not looked at the tape yet). Will post it soon. Starting a new job in a few hours (out of work all year). Great weekend with cars/friends and work in the same week! I am living large, hell I am large!

Also thanks for the kind words about the show. When you think of all the help the DCC and others gave this weekend. The show was hosted by the Cougar Club of NJ/PA/DCC and other Cougar owners!

Got to go and drive to work. Been awhile

Stu

·
Registered
384 Posts
Forgot to post the picture of Mike (my son), John and I next to Mike's 69 with a 408 stroker he built. Also his first car that he bought when he was 15, now 20.

Now you see the LARGE comment if you dont know me. Hell got to go.........late for work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again all for helping with the best Nats I have been too (it is also my first one) DSC02599.jpg

·
Registered
735 Posts
Gotcha, I guess I should have known that, but didn't notice the 70 side marker light until just now. Very cool car, even cooler if it has a Boss 9 in it.
With the new Kaase Boss 429 heads that is always a possibility down the road.

I'm not the owner, I just recreated all the decals for him.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Stu, thanks for all the hard work you and others put into the planning and execution of the show. It was awesome when we got out of our car and saw so many cougars. It's a shame I don't see as many everyday as I do mustangs. It was great to see Bob's car in person. I loved the wheels and the alarm he put in. I have to figure out how to do that on mine. I attached a picture of the car my wife liked the best and after looking at it a few times, it might be one of my favorites too. I'm not sure if it was just us, but we could swear we smelled grape when we were around it. I poked my head inside and couldn't smell anything but twice we walked by it and smelled it. I'm not sure who's it is since no one was there but the color is awesome. Thanks again and I'm looking forward to going to Carlisle next year for the first time.

Ben

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thought I would copy this post here

Stu

Event Picture Link(s)

With Cliff Gardiner's permission, here is the link to the excellent event pictures he took:

http://gallery.me.com/klph#100352&vi...=black&sel=462

CCNJPA is very lucky to have a professional (and generous!) photographer as a member!

Also, here is a link to the pictures Cliff took of my car on Sunday morning. Cliff is asking which ones I like the best so he can spiff those ones up for me. Please help me decide! Here is that link:

http://gallery.me.com/klph#100347&vi...r=black&sel=38

Enjoy!

Bob​

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just a fast thanks to Suds, Stu, Bill and everyone who helped pull together the Bridgewater 2011 National Show! It was great seeing some old pals, meeting a few new ones and seeing some great old Merc's! Looking forward to our next 'show by day - drink a beer on the showfield' event!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks all for the kind words and the CCNJPA and DCC might be planing a trip to Lancaster PA So keep an eye out for that.

One last thing from the show. The gang that worked so hard along side me at the show had a tough couple of days. Bill and Suds had months of hard work putting the show together. Suds had a dinning room full of show items for over 6 months. So a special thanks to his family for putting up with us. Lets also not forget his girls helping out the day of the show.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yes, Sud's girls were adorable! He did a great job (with the show AND his daughters!). The show was top notch.

Unless they've done it, people just don't realize the months and months and months of hard work and sacrifice it takes to host a quality Nationals like the NJ/PA guys just did. It's like planning a wedding. So many working parts and there are always problems. So many things that are out of your control like weather.

I hope the Cougar Community is lucky enough to get another Nats this good next summer.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts