Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything can be for sale since I found a Hertz G !!
68 390 gt 016.jpg

The Black cougar is actually a 67 true GT 4 spd car, Has a real G scoop on it. Nordic Blue with Black Decore , Runs and drives , I have more S code cars that Run too. 67 XR7 S code 4 spd, Iverness w/saddle 68 390 gt 013.jpg

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Cat scratched, a serious example.

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
The real problem with rat poison- they eat it go off and die who knows where! Untill you track them down from the stink!!!!! Never again, I only use traps.
And check them.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Can't top cougarshark! WOW!

Although, I'll have to admit there was a real hot chick at Walmart shopping in the machbox isle and I noticed the 69 cougar fire dept one (UGLY!) BEFORE I noticed her! LOL That wouldn't of happened 10 year ago.....worst part she was likely shopping for a rug rat, and I was looking for me! LOL

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
Tell us about the G, with pictures, please.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here you go some pics of this thing called a HertzG

XR7G 002.jpg XR7G 006.jpg XR7G 007.jpg XR7G 008.jpg

Got the box of some important pieces too.

I believe I got this G off the first registered owner's son in law, I have my reasons due to paperwork that came with the car.
I drove 12 hours over night to be the first just in case.
Then about 15hrs to get back, took a nap while limpimg into an O'Reilys ; to sleep a few until they opened at 7am for a new alternator.
Got stranded but I had brought with me an extra top post battery to test the G
But my van was a screw in side post, ha ha I made it work though ; long enough to get to that O'reily's.
Then a cop wakes me up 6:30am , because the McD's I parked at ( right next to O'reilys ) was gonna tow me and the G.
Could have been a bad place ( kinda looked it ) so I parked in the front to sleep ) ,not in the back; with my friends Smith and Wes on watch.
Go figure but I made it back safe after a little wrenching.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some more pics XR7G 022.jpg XR7G 005.JPG XR7G 013.jpg XR7G 014.jpg

One of the first things I did was drop the oil pan, cleaned out the pan and oil pump , all looked good.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are some pics of my Augusta 68 XR7, this cougar is low mileage , and really nice. I cleaned off some places with WD40 and found some factory paint stamps.
XR7G 029.JPG I also think this rear license plate tie down instructions is original. Really neat. And some headrests to add on.
XR7G 034.jpg XR7G 035.JPG XR7G 039.JPG XR7G 030.JPG

1 - 15 of 15 Posts