Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem that I have struggled with over the years; 19 to be exact.

I have searched here and just about everywhere.

The Problem:

Center Light does not light for either turn signal.

The bulb works for brakes and works during hazards.

The sequencer pauses but the light does not come on.

The problem exists with the original mechanical switch as well complete electronic replacement unit that I put in back in 1993-94 (Man, was that box expensive on Corporal pay back then). I recently retired and have a little more time to start working out the gremlins.

Any ideas? I have checked continuity of all wires, grounds are good, and both circuits of all bulbs are good. I asked on here before, but I haven't found a problem like this one.

I have about 5 projects I want to fix on the car before I start to pull her apart to fix the rust and give her some paint; this is one of those projects.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
389 Posts
if it were me, and its not of course, but i hate things like this.... but i'd probally get a new harness for the lights from WCCC (even though it all tests out ok on your harness) and use a new electronic plug n play sequencer and that should fix it all. if not, then well hell i dunno. thats pretty much all i could think of... but im sure someone here has had this issue...one day i'll probally have it too but im so far from having things lighting up it aint funny haha

·
Registered
204 Posts
Steve, virtually every problem I had with the sequentials that was not related to the box was the turn signal switch itself. I have about 6 good boxes I have saved over the years to 'test' on a car to see if the box in the car is bad. When I plug in a known good box into a car that has problems and the problem is the same, I look to either the flasher unit behind the dash or the turn signal itself. Just about every time, the new turn signal switch fixes everything.

I hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
When you check the flashers, do you check the front ones also, It's next on my troubleshooting list. The center lights are connected to the front flashers.

Jean

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Fronts work as they should.

I am using the new and improved fully electronic replacement box. No Difference with original set up.

Everything functions as it should with the exception of the center lights not coming on during turning operation. This one has had me stumped for years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts