Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to my trusty and always reliable computer :rolleyes: i have been very delayed with trying to sell the parts off of the 70 parts car i have. sorry to ask again because i have lost track of what was going where, but who needed what parts off of this car? ill actually be able to take pics of stuff tomorrow like the door panels and some trim and maybe even the sad shape the car is in now as it sits at school. i also am trying to help a guy clear a backyard full of stuff which includes a 67 Mustang, a 63 Continental, what appears to be a 41-ish Dodge, an early 50s Ford Victoria, a 20s Model T and a bunch of other cars that really arent worth mentioning. there are also a few engines back there. one is what appears to be a 78 Big Block Chevy thats pretty much complete exc the exhaust manifolds, distributor and carb. there are also a few motorhomes that also look to have big blocks. one looks like a 454 and one looks like a Mopar 440. a few 302s are lying around the yard too. if anyone wants a shot at whats listed let me know and ill send pics of the stuff as soon as i can.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
steve i am still interested in the door panels if your wanting to sell them i can come down friday afternoon and pick them up since i wont be going by your place to go to the prowl. or if your going to route 66 in berdo on the 21 or so we could trade cash for panels there.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Steve,
I need the fender braces if you still have them.
How much?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool, if you want to Friday sounds good. umm, ill take pics of the panels tonight to let you see them before hand. i wont get out of work till after 5 though so it will have to be then. unless you want o come to the paint store.

and Fender braces?? err, what are those? the metal pieces that attach at the bottom of the fender to the frame?

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
I will probably have to come by the paint store if i can since i have to be home by 7 to sign some papers on my house. send me4 the directions and what will be a good time for you. here is my email [email protected]

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i sent you some pics of the panels and the address. heres anothe rpic of the front ones...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Fender Braces

Yep, those are the braces from the bottom of the fender to the bumper support frame. Need 'em both if they're available.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well... i have 1. is that something?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
clean up the yard

Steve, you may want to check those motorhomes out closely, if they have an overdrive unit on them, it probly came from Gear Vendor. That would be a great find. They are bullit proof units, that live forever, and are quite sought after here in Texas.
It will look like a funky tailshaft replacement part, but were made for C-6's, turbo400's, and 727 torqueflight's.
I don't have a pic, mabey someone here can help with a picture.
take it easy,
Shane :ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ahhhh, very VERY good idea.... he he. ill take a look

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
GV Overdrive

If by some strange twist of fate you found an extra GVOD, would you consider selling one?:1poke: :xoli:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everything must go !! lol of course. ill see what i can find though

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Funk

Oh God, Please no, Oh please, please, please no,
Not the Funk!

P.Funk:bong: :pimp: :ylsup: :xoli:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i might have the rear ones, but i know that the front ones are gone. ill take a look and see what is there. they would be black if the car does have them. ill check

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
GVOD

Hi Steve,
just curious, did you get a chance to check those RV tranny's for the overdrive?:xoli:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes, i have a drivers side extension available. let me know if you want it. ill post a pic as soon as i take it off the fender. and well, i still havent been to see the RVs there... DOH!! damn work.

·
Registered
174 Posts
70 parts

Hi
I´m also looking for a steeringwheel 2 or 3 spoke and a armrest to the midle consol : hope for color saddle. side mirrors and a shop manuel for 70
Do you have some of this??
Tommy

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the steering wheel is in poor shape, and the car doesnt have a consol. the mirrors were not on the car when i bought it either. as far as a shop manual... im not sure where to get one. i think they are reproduced but im not sure. sorry i couldnt be of more help. if i find any ill let everyone know.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts