Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,
As a result of mainly being a member of this list some of you know that Chuck (Ragcat) and I made a deal. I paint ragcat and he gives me the 68 he had for sale. Well we started talking about the deal in april or may and he brought me ragcat in july after I returned from the nats. Anyway here's a pic of my progress, I am hoping to get it painted this weekend and finish it up this week. Chuck is picking it up on the 1st. I will be making a page somtime when I get a round to it... anybody seen my round toit!!! BTW...Myarms are tired from wetsanding....lol
John
wvcat

·
Registered
30 Posts
Going to be nice! I've always myself wanted to get an original yellow Cougar, not a repaint over some other color from originality. This gold I have has to be the most awful color, but the houndstooth is cool.. Probably after I get it repainted and it's shiny, and not looking like mouldy butterscotch pudding left out for days, I'll be happier. But I am a yellow fan..
Willie

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I like all the bright colors, especially the competition colors. I do like the gold though because it is not a real common color these days. It seems most cars there days are bland colors. BTW that pic is a week old, I have the doors, hood and trunk back on and the black painted for the stripes. I'm going down to the garage today and laying out the stripes and shooting the yellow and clearing it. (cross your fingers....lol) I'll give you all an update afterwhile on how it went.
John
wvcat

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yellow?

Are you going with the original yellow? or a variation?

I have a yellow car, and was thinking of going with a brighter yellow.:D

Anyways, your progress looks good. Can't wait to see the final product.

Tad.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are using a brighter yellow, its viper yellow. The paint is expensive though so you might want to check with your local paint shop. I paid 80 bucks a quart for the good stuff but you can get a lower quality paint for 35 bucks a quart. All paints have different prices depending on what ingrediants they have.
John
wvcat

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
that was heidis first choice in color untill she decided on the neon green she wants now, but i love the yellow cats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts