Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, now that i got your attention.... this is the name of a new Vin Diesel movie coming out soon. hmm... in this movie trailer, i saw them drop a Vette off of a bridge and rip the top off of a 66 GTO...... now, is it just me or does anyone else notice that when Vin Diesel gets in a movie another old car dies?? the Charger in Fast and Furious was bad enough, but c'mon. a GTO and a Charger are some of the few cars that i almost never see on the road and here goes some Dumois at a studio that thinks it will be cool to destroy one. sheesh

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hot Rod mag caught alot of flack for running pics of the fast and the furious. They included a poster of the Charger being destroyed. Who would have wanted to hang that on a wall?
Soooo sad:cry:

·
Registered
669 Posts
I totally agree. In this day and age when there are people in Congress who want to pass 'clunker bills' to crush old cars. Couple that with the fact that with each passing year there are less and less 'old' cars, I for one don't want to see any needlessly destroyed. You figure with all the computer rah rah these days that they could do those scenes with animation!!
Don't get me started on this. It really ticks me off.

·
Registered
197 Posts
They used miniatures in some James Bond movies(that helicopter with the saw) which they blew up and I never knew the difference until I watched the making of the movie thing. It seems that if you used a mini, it would be much cheaper than destroying a nice oldie. Also, is the charger the same one from Blade?

·
Registered
314 Posts
That F&F Charger is supposedly the one from Blade, but I'm not sure because it was also in Blade 2. It was bad enough when Wessly Snipes in Blade 1 spilled fuel all over the quarter panel.

The issue of Hot Rod after the F&F poster was the greatest ever. This one guy used every single word in the book to cuss out the magazine editors, I got quite a kick out of it.:D

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Maybe they should be required to put the little header like they use for animals. You know the one that says 'no animals were hurt in the filming of this movie'? Something like 'no classic cars were actually destroyed in the making of this movie...'
Chuck

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yeah it could be like something P.E.T.A would do.
It could be C.C.O.A.M.D.C.O.C.
Classic Car Owners Against Morons Destroying Cool Old Cars
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I totally agree with you all the needless destruction of cool cars has to stop, i mean F&F, Gone in 60 Sec., xxx, Bullit it is just not right.
Oh by the way that was not gas in Blade they had a tube so they could use water so it was only harmless water spilling onto the floor.
:)

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
And it was Kris Kristoferson that spilt the gas(water) on the car. My wife likes that car so much she wants the Fairlane that color and to sound like that. We could never afford a car like that so Ill make mine Black and sound nasty,lol. Be ready to see some pix soon, it's coming along nicely.

Rick

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
clevelandcougar said:
That F&F Charger is supposedly the one from Blade, but I'm not sure because it was also in Blade 2.
maybe im wrong, cuz i havent seen Blade in a while, but wasnt the Blade one a 68?? and the F&F one a 70?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts