Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh Yeah!

:1poke: By the way...

If anyone happens to purchase this car and feels that a "thanks" is in order, please make it in the form of a financial contribution to the "Get James' Coug Back on the Road" fund. :D

James

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
now that you mentioned it, i saw a black cherry 68 for sale in San Pedro yesterday ( might have been Long Beach ) didnt look too bad, but i didnt stop and look at the price and the info on the car. if anyone wants the specs for that one, ill take a look at it. its not THAT far from here, and i may go there again for the beach anyway. looks nice, should be for less than 5K. sure its no G, but still a nice car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
67 xr7g

Yeah, I know the XR7G you posted about. Decent looking car. Have seen it around for years. I do not know how it is up close, but it has been outside for years winter included. Still looks solid and worth the price to me. Kerry

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I looked at the picture. If that car is a "G" its missing the driving lights and specal valance, The hood pins, And all the XR7-G badging(grill & c-pillor) If any one is going to buy it, GET A MARTI REPORT! With the missing parts it has a deminished value.

·
Registered
18 Posts
XR7G

Good idea to get the report. I questioned the car myself. I did stop to look at it once and I noticed that it did not have a couple items you mentioned but who knows why ?? The car does look OK. Looked great about 3 years ago but because it sits outside all the time it does have a little rust. I remember the rims had some rust and maybe some minor rust in the quarters. Looks like it would be a decent car however and provide some fun. Kerry

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with getting a Marti Report bofore buying this car as a "G". When I purchased one of my '67's the guy selling it to me swore that it was a GT with factory GT emblems. I knew better, I was buying the car for parts because it was a standard. Upon seeing the car for the first time in person I was in shock to see that it did indeed have GT emblems! GT emblems from a Mustang! The guy selling it didn't know any better so there were no hard feelings between us.

You never know what you're gonna find out there. This car could very well be a "G" that suffered an accident and had most of the front clip replaced, but I wouldn't buy it as one without some form of proof.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts