1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Could you be a little more vague? :1poke:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Actually, $50 to $50,000. Would you pay $500 for 68 fastcats project?

It is worth what ever one is willing to pay.

If you want to get us a bunch of pics including the underside and close ups of all the G specific parts, we'll be able to get a little more specific on value.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Could you be a little more vague? :1poke:

I guess if they asked what a 196? ford was worth :1poke:

As stated previously, the bottom line is its worth to you what your willing to pay. :smoke:

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
What a coincidence! Cuz I'm willing to pay something......what are the odds!

·
Registered
508 Posts
For a moment I thought we were going to have a "given up on" xr7G on the auction block!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
No sunroof 302 2V? If it is missing the mirror, console, front valance and lights, I don't think it would bring $5K. At that point you are just buying a VIN number for an unappealing G car... Just my opinion.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Sorry, I married two unrelated thoughts. And I am just kicking the can along here, passing time while we wait to see if more information is forth coming...

First, this is a non sunroof 302 2V car, not a J code with Sunroof. I don't think this will bring the same money as as a J code 302 4V with a sunroof, all else being equal. They would both be real G cars, but I think that the sunroof and the J code both bring a premium.

Second, G parts have become crazy expensive... Not many parts cars out there. If you had all of the G specific parts, and no car, it might come up to $5K just for the parts. More than that if you throw in a sunroof.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Agreed on all points.

It's amazing when you really stop and consider all the unique G parts and add them up; leather door pulls, "super Puff" door panels, correct A.O. Smith installed early "England" fog lights, front valance, rear valance, exhaust tips, console, shifter handle, side mirror with base, scoop, emblems including wheel center caps. Then, throw in the sunroof parts if so equipped...

Crazy.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Sure seems like it was a great value back in the day at the original G option price of $666.95 not including sunroof. It must have been a real money maker for Ford. LOL

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It has front valance, rear valance, exhaust tips, console, shifter handle, side mirror with base, scoop, no rust and body is straight.

·
Registered
384 Posts
More than a year ago there was a 302 2v with no sunroof or rust kicking around on ClassicCars.com for $32K. It eventually developed a OBO after about 6 months then vanished. Start at $15K???

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
I found out its not an real xr7g it just has all the xr7g parts
I think I know which car you are talking about. Has a San Jose VIN number? Listed for sale recently for $6500 in So Cal?

If the same one, it drove into one of our Cougar shows in the late 1990's. The owner claimed it to be original, Royce was there, and he pointed out the San Jose VIN, the guy recanted and said, "Well, maybe an older family member changed parts from a different car that got wrecked".

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hey there, are you the same Phillip Payne that fought Carlos Diaz on my show in Tampa around 8 years ago? Epic fight.......

This VERY rusty j-code G, with a sunroof but missing one of the most expensive G unique parts (it's console), just sold for 5K.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merc...Cars_Trucks&hash=item2ebc11998b#ht_500wt_1182

So I would say that is a pretty good starting price for any real G that has most of it's G parts.

So I will narrow that down to 5K to 50K :beer:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts