Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a replacement foglight/sunroof switch for my XR7-G? I have heard that you can use '68 - '70 Lincoln rear window switch or a '69-70 Cougar power window switch. I havent been able to locate any pictures of the above switches online (for refrence purposes) so I thought I might ask here.

Anyone?

·
11,000 Posts
XR7-G Roof / Fog switch

The XR7-G sunroof and Fog Light switches and bezel were lifted from the back seat of the 1968 - 70 Lincoln Continental Mark III. You can use either side, the switch is uoside down on the driver side for the fog lamps and must be removed and reinstalled right side up to plug into your existing harness properly. Or you can take one or both switches out and install them in your bezel. The Mark III bezel has a brushed applique that reads "window" and "Map".

There is lots of good XR7-G information on the registry website or you are welcome to Email me directly with any XR7-G questions or part needs.

www.theclassiccougarnetwork.com/xr7g

Royce Peterson
XR7-G Registry

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you sir......

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hate to revive a super old thread, but does anyone have the part number for the XR7G sunroof switch?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
For sure it did help! Thanks!

Because folks sometimes search the forum, I thought I would include the part numbers to help anyone else:

Bezel: Cougar: C8WY-10852-A, which is the same as Lincoln Mark III rear passenger seat: C8LB-14527-A. The reading light/power window switches in the Mark III are the same as the Fog lamp/Sunroof switches in the Cougar

Switches: Cougar Sunroof: C8WY-15668-A; Cougar Fog Lamp: C8WY-15A214-A. I am not certain about the Mark III part numbers yet, but I have ordered 2 used C8LB-14257-A,B (right/left) bezels with the switches. When they arrive, I will repost their part numbers if they are present. Interestingly, the bezel I removed form my G was a Mark III bezel with switches with no part numbers.

Royce and I have corresponded a bunch, and he notes that a repro Mark III power window (sunroof) switch is all over EBay. That switch has 6 prongs, but the one in my car had only 3, all on one side. Also, Royce pointed out a possible Mark III reading light switch (fog lamp) NOS on EBay, but that one had two larger prongs, whereas the one in my car has 3 small prongs.

When the parts arrive, I will take pictures of the switches and the plugs so that I can clarify what the correct setup should be.

JSV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts