Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but came up with nothing. I'm restoring a 68 G and it's missing some of the sunroof parts mainly the cables. Of course cost is a factor.

From what I'm told the sunroof Assemblies build by ASC were used in many makes and models throughout the years but no one can tell me which or what models specifically to look for as far as compatible cables. Good used is fine but there must be a cheaper alternative that was more readily available.

Anyone know if the first gen VWs used the same cables? The design and setup looks very similar from the few pictures I can find.

Cheers,

Chris.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Not sure if the older cars with manual crank systems used the same cables or not.

ASC used Golde components, it is or was a German company.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after A LOT of research I believe the old Porsche 356C used the same sunroof setup and cables as our cougars. The plus is that the Porsche cables are reproduced new by a company and the price is very reasonable for the pair! If the email they sent me below is correct I think we have a winner! I ordered some and should be seeing then in a week and will post updates on them. Hopefully this can help other cougar owners out.

Does any one know the spec of the original cables like length etc? Mine were removed by the previous owner so....

This is what I got back from the Porsche part supplier.

Cheers,

Chris.

Hello Chris, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Re: sun roof cables for Mercury Cougar<o:p></o:p>
As far as we know our cables can be used on the Cougar, specifically the XR-7. <o:p></o:p>
Ford numbers are C8WY-65502B20-A and - B.<o:p></o:p>
Our part number for the pair of cables is: NLA-564-633-50-634 $295.00 See http://www.nlaparts.com/store/sunroof-cables-p-3352.html<o:p></o:p>
We accept Visa, M/C and Amex. <o:p></o:p>
Thanks for your inquiry. Give me a call with any questions or to anyone here with your order. <o:p></o:p>
Brad Ripley <o:p></o:p>
Stoddard NLA, LLC <o:p></o:p>
1281 Terminal Way #123<o:p></o:p>
Reno, Nevada 89502 USA <o:p></o:p>
775-626-7800 fax 775-284-3560<o:p></o:p>
[email protected] www.nlaparts.com <o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
341 Posts
Is there any more info on this supplier?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts