Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I asked about the difference between the black, red, and chrome number 7 on the xr7 emblem. The basic responses were either, don't know...or, the red faded to black then faded to chrome. Or something to that effect. If the general concensus is that the red faded to black, and so on, then how is the following explained?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1749034343

If you look at the XR7 emblems, there is a red and black colored number 7. Granted this is for a model, but it shows that there is a red and black emblem. Again, just curious on what the difference is on this. I've looked around the internet, but can't seem to find much.
Any more/other input?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I can't answer your question about the # 7, but as far as comparing it to a model I can tell you models are not always true to life. I have several models, even some that are suppose to be exact replicas, and if you look hard enough, you will find flaws on most all of them. In a way I'm glad since some of the error models are worth more than the ones that are correct. The model designers don't always get there information first hand, and there for have to improvise on other sources that isn't 100% accurate sometimes.

I'm sure there are better sources to compare to such as old articles or ads or even old Ford Dealer sales materials that was used to for sales people to get to know the cars they sell.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts