Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Wonder if anyone knows how I can find out how many cars were made ​​with the different engine options?? Applies to: Cougar XR7 Convertible 1969. know it was made 4024 pieces in total that year. Hoping for a quick anwer !!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
That info is available from Marti Auto Works in a book called, COUGAR...By The Numbers: www.martiauto.com/itemselection.cfm?id=3 . Do you have a specific engine/transmission combo you would like to know how many came in the '69 XR-7 'vert? BTW, welcome to the forum. John

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
If you post up here, somebody will probably answer. Lots of us already have copies of the book. The Marti reports are generated indvidually.
Actually, if you post the door tag info, we can tell you everything about your car. Colors, date of production, rear end gear ratio, whatever.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Hi. Not sure what you mean by " post the door tag info" ???
On the inside of the drivers door, there is a data tag (if it's still there) held on by two (2) rivets. It'll have a V.I.N (Vehichle Identification Number) along the top left and underneath it, it will have codes for BODY, COLOR (unless it's a special paint car), TRIM, DATE, DSO, AXLE & TRANS. John

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
If you open the driver's side door, there should be two metal pop riveted tags, beneath the door latch mechanism. That is where the data on the car was mounted. Provided, that it is, the door wasn't swapped out. Compare VIN's, to ensure they match.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, but haven't bought a car yet. Just looking for info you see !!! You know a place to download a copy ?:wave:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I don't have my book and I don't know if there is a "quick" answer but they came with;
351 2v
351 4v (All 351 are windsors, cleveland came in 70)
390 4v (don't think there was a 2v option in 69)
428 4v (with and without ram air)

Most of 'em came with a 351.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Kolbjorn,
Hvor bor du? Jeg bor i Stavanger, men jeg er Amerikansk.
I have a 1970 Cougar XR7 I bought here in Norway, and there is a pretty good Norwegian Mercury/Cougar club that may be able to lend a hand looking at a car with you. Check out mercuryclub.no
Good luck!
Jeff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts