Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone needing their gas door emblem or 69/70 XR7 pillar badges restored can have me do them for around $150 plus shipping.Done lots and the set I had at the San Diego show were met with complements.The only nicer ones were NOS at $150 each.:) Thanks Ray

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pillar badges & gas door

Thanks for the great job Ray you did. Many people where checking them out during the show.

Becci

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Becci Thanks Glad to see you made it aboard:D I also thank you for the referrals at the Diego show.When will we see your car at TCCN?Think I'll call Steve and ask him:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Ray,

What can you do with the Gas door emblems? I have a couple that are OK, but aren't gorgeous by any definition, a couple pits in the emblem, so on so forth...

How salvageable are they generally?

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pits

Logan the pits are the pits Ha Ha Nothin much to do there other than the repaint and relensing that I do.Email me a photo if you like.Coupla pits no big deal really unless doing a concourse resto. I will have a few unpitted ones soon.For driver quality though a few pits will not be a problem.$25 plus shipping for a gas door emblem repair.I also repaint the argent "box" that surrounds the emblem.NOS door emblems are apparently $125 if you can find.I use driver quality ones on my cars and looks a lot better than when missing the red and black lens.Thanks for the inquiry;)

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Do you have a photo of what a finished gas door looks like? I may just send one of mine up there... I got a set of redone emblems off ebay last yet for $75 for the pair (I lucked out)... But my gas door emblem has suffered from 30 years of "Texas"...

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gas door badging

I have no scanner or photos at this point however I can assure you that they look just like the originals with the same colors and the same crown.Let me know if your are sendin so as I can give you directions Thanks Ray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts