Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the dimensions for placement of the trunk mounted XR 7 letters on the 69-70 deck lids? Can you please share the info?

·
Registered
396 Posts
1967 + 1968 are on the trunk key cover. Never owned a 69 or 70 so can say for sure on those. Don't know if this is any help but thought I would pass it along.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Randy,

Here is what I believe JCC used to provide with their repros. I took stock of a bunch of photos from Ray Harwood and then decided for myself where to put the pieces. I think there was a fair amount of variation given that these were put on by line workers. I may have the "bunch of photos" Ray sent me if you want me to try and dig them up (if yes, PM me your email). Also, I put the "XR" and "7" a little closer together than shown (and notice there is no dimension on the spacing). Anyway, here is the template (from JCC I believe):

Nice seeing you at the nationals, BTW. What did you think of Isabel?

I just finished doing a Cobra brake conversion on the fronts this morning. The Cobra rear discs I have a few parts to research and buy before I go ahead with that conversion.

Regards,

Bob

Edit: Found Ray's email/pics if you want them.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the template. I figured it was a little hit-or-miss by the various assembly lines, but wanted someplace to start.

Isabel is beautiful. I wish I had Esmerelda's Little Sister with me that day. She's finally back home, and drop dead beautiful. It is her that I have the NOS trunk letters for and need the template. SHe has all her original body panels, and fresh chrome and trim to brighten her up. I have to sort out a few things in the engine compartment, but that's part of the fun.

·
Registered
205 Posts
curious, as my emblem is on the gas cap cover. is this something new i can spend money on? oh wait a minute i've plenty of things to spend money on.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
"curious, as my emblem is on the gas cap cover".....?Pictures of that?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Awesome! I've wondered this as well.
Thanks 1969XR7VERT
:)

·
Registered
205 Posts
no pictures but to clarify from a foggy mind was thinking of gas tank door but it says lincoln mercury instead, sometimes i am dopy ...............well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts