Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, lastnight I bought the rest of the equipment (antenna) to go along with all the XM stuff I bought and never used. Installed it in the Cougar, and other than the ugly antenna that takes away the muscle car look, I love it! I could have gotten the small antenna, but I didn't feel like runing a wire inside the car, instead I got the antenna that glues to the window, and the other half glues to the other side of the window (inside) and transmits with a little red laser.

The sound is great! Better than a CD, and it doesn't fade out. Has great stations (No, XM is not paying me for this plug :D ), and no advertisments. Has a few great classic rock channels (What I listen to most) too.

Bet this car never thought it would be talking to a satelite in space, aye?

Chris

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
XM is a sattelite radio network here in teh states and im sure other places by now. its like a premium cable channel. no commercials, no advertisements and digital sound. supposed to be really nice. downside?? with no commercials on it YOU have to pay for the service. not sure what it cost but, well, at least we know of one guy on here who would know .....

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10 bucks a month, but worth every penny. I love the sound. And they play the GOOD music. Plus, they are all live DJ's on the 101 channels, and play music they want to play, not some generated list like regular radio stations.... I love it.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Did you fill in the hole on the fender???

Just wondering..

Don

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
I shaved the antenna on my 69 and had the hole welded up. I've replaced it with a high gain antenna that glues to the screen above the rear view mirror. Cable and power to antenna runs in the header and down A pillar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts