Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just to let you all know, i added a set of Xenon lights to my car. i like it, it cleans up the front of the car a bit and makes my chrome look nicer at night :D i got them off of Ebay for around 48 with shipping. they were a kit for a BMW that replaces the sealed beam lights with an H4 Bulb. but they work for all bulbs that use a 5006 light. i think its worth it, all i had to do was grind off some tabs that were on the back of the new bulb housings, but they went on just fine. and now i can be cool like all the rest of the kids LOL jk jk PS no i didnt do the high beams yet..... and i now have a set of original ( yes, original ) head lamps to put in my garage of old Cougar parts.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i got a set of those bulbs for my SHO.
i got the headlights and the fog lights - they are awesome! they REALLY light up the road. My roomate also installed a set on his 73 Bronco they look sweet!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Logan,

First you have to know what size bulbs you have, so to do that click HERE to use the application chart. If they are for your truck, it will tell you the size on the chart. If it is for your 69 you will probably need the kit to eliminate the seled beam headlights you have now. the kit basically has 2 new headlights that have the circular openings in the back to house the new style bulbs, and the reflective silver coating (behind the glass on the lights) is VERY shiny, so you get much more light. I asked my roomate who makes the kit he bought, and he said it is made by EURO LIGHT . He bought it on eBay about 2 months ago.
I found the link to the auction so you can check it out, and maybe email the guy and see if he has a kit for you.
See it HERE

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the item number for the auction i won is 1805401567 the seller has a site prostreetlighting.com it was around 48 after shipping and all. not too bad at all. did it make the night visibility better?? its a different type of light so im not used to it but it did help some. not all as much as i wanted, but its still ok. the car just looks alot cooler though lol. the kit is for a BMW but it will work on the Cougar too. just like i said, the buckets for the bulbs have some tabs on them that will need to be ground off or othewise removed, but after that just throw them in. ill take some pics of the end result tonight as well. even with the high beams on as a comparison. i had looked around far and wide for a kit for the Cougar, but i guess i was just looking in the wrong places for it. it was worth it to me, and the H4 bulb it uses it readily available as well it gets a thumbs up. hmmmm, this might go to the product reviews section if im not careful lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts