Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reading up on my new 3g alternator today and they mention a voltage regulator numerous times. I know that the Taurus 3g alternator has one built in, but I can't seem to find the old one so I can disconnect it...is there anywhere else that it might be other than near the battery?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
The voltage regulator would be mounted on the radiator core support in the engine compartment to the left (drivers side) of the radiator. John

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx John, I would love your insight on what to do with it. Can I just leave it be? my 3G alternator diagram doesn't say anything about touching it...I'm so confused.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Thx John, I would love your insight on what to do with it. Can I just leave it be? my 3G alternator diagram doesn't say anything about touching it...I'm so confused.
You're welcome. I'm not sure if you can just leave it. I've never used an alternator that had a volt reg built in to it. Sorry, perhaps someone else will chime in about that. John

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats alright man, I'll figure it out no matter what or how much it costs. just some reasearch and reading will do it....thx again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts