Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
They repo these, and the quality is really good from what I hear. The price probably not so good...Or you can go the cheaper route by using a set of 1969 351 W Exhaust manifolds...

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They repo these, and the quality is really good from what I hear. The price probably not so good...Or you can go the cheaper route by using a set of 1969 351 W Exhaust manifolds...
Scott, Thanks for the advise. I have headers on the car now and I want to quited it down a bit. Could be age because I also want A/C. LOL!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I used HiPo manifolds on our '66 project, and like Scott says: they are good, but pricey.

351W manifolds are much more budget-friendly. I'd go with new ones vs. used, because I hate farting around with crusty exhaust manifolds.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
I used HiPo manifolds on our '66 project, and like Scott says: they are good, but pricey.

351W manifolds are much more budget-friendly. I'd go with new ones vs. used, because I hate farting around with crusty exhaust manifolds.
They aren't crusty in all parts of the USA. LOL

I have installed the 351W exhaust manifolds on my 1968 XR7. I call them my "Poor mans" HiPo manifolds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts