Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never realized that I had a problem, until I saw some other pics. Pic shows the missing black plastic sides. If you have a core that you'd be willing to salvage, please send me a note. Thanks, Eric.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had received a Ford am face this week. Cleaned up the scroll saw (haven't used in years), had cut most of the left side on the am/fm face that I needed to remove (very small cuts needed), when my slight movement caught the face against the saw blade on the downstroke... and crack went the left face. Fkn ridiculous. I had a beautiful am that I sold for $35 shipped - Fkn Mthr Fkr (me). Made contact with a few radio repairmen, and they had no am/fm faces. If you come across any am/fm face places that might be a fit (ford or merc), please keep me in mind.

If I had a way to heat up a tool like a nail puller (wide/flat end), I could cut out that horizontal lip. Still would have the horizontal chrome plastic lip that's on the outside, but could sand/repaint/clearcoat it - last resort, I guess. Would also have to strip the station white marks off the backside, drill the openings for the am/fm switch, and add am and fm lettering. Probably another wasted thought (feeling like eeyore).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts