Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like a 1967 but will also take a 68-70. I can take the complete unit or just the complete case. Must be original and set up for Cougar/Mustang. Will need photos.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Guessing you can find one in Ca. or at least from the west coast before you would want to entertain having one shipped from the east coast. I have a complete 28 spline (you did not say what you want/need in this respect) unit from a '69.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well you would think that is the case but not true. I have had posts here on MercuryCougar.net, on VMF, FordFE.com, Craigs list numerous times over the past year and I am still looking. Not only is California a huge state which also requires shipping and I would say that most of the 9" axles are on operating vehicles. I posted the important things for me. I guess I should have said that I would expect everything to be in good working order. Other than that just tell me whatca got??

Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I could supply a rebuildable core unit, not in good working order. To use it would require rebuilding the carrier (likely bearings, gasket and seal), new axle bearings and seals. 2.75 stock gearset may or may not be good but probably is good. New brake lines, wheel cylinders, shoes, etc... would also be required.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts