Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1970 mercury cougar 022.jpg 1970 mercury cougar 002.jpg 1970 mercury cougar 016.jpg need advice on where to get cheap fenders and doors and how to fix rear quarter panels thanks! this car has been rolled off a bank into a creek interiors, great engine great just need body:confused:

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Yikes, that's a project right there! For starters, how about putting your location in your profile so we know what area of the country prospective parts might be good for you.

Welcome and Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
i think you need a different body! you could pick up a solid car that has a almost perfect body for what your about to put into that one!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I have a pair of doors and fenders that I will let go as a package deal. If you are near the Georgia area, or willing to drive, I will gladly work you a deal. Wouldn't be able to help with the quarters though.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well im in westvirginia and they crush all parts around here after 1980, and yeah its rough i have 1968 cougar fenders and doors but they wont work.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Mike is a good person to deal with.I bought the headlight assemblies from him and i am more then pleased with them so i dont think he would do you over cause the cougar community here is a tight nit bunch of enthusiasts.

thanks
Pat

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Mike is a good person to deal with.I bought the headlight assemblies from him and i am more then pleased with them so i dont think he would do you over cause the cougar community here is a tight nit bunch of enthusiasts.

thanks
Pat
i 2nd this quote! i got a perfect driveshaft from him for my kitty

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I would get a different car if I was you... you can get a better shell and put your interior and motor in it. That body looks like it doesn't have a single good panel on it and probably has a very tweaked structure. Some cars are not worth the cost / effort to save when they're that beat up.

·
I thought I changed this?
1,213 Posts
When even ECI Bob says "Yikes", you KNOW you have a task on your hands !!

Yikes, that's a project right there! For starters, how about putting your location in your profile so we know what area of the country prospective parts might be good for you.

Welcome and Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
How long has it been sitting in the WEEDS, not ever a good thing for the under carriage, EVER.

Photo's of the other side, front, and rear would be helpful also.

Dale in Indy

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
When even ECI Bob says "Yikes", you KNOW you have a task on your hands !!
Maybe it won't look so bad once the waffled metal is all taken off? First thought that comes to mind is what are the condition of the parts that this waffled metal attaches to?

Fingers crossed for you!

·
Registered
524 Posts
you really need to where to draw the line--by the way--how are the quarters? sorry;) Good luck

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
If the floors and truck and roof were destroyed i say yes if it needs sheetmetal i say save it.Or sell it to someone thatll restore it and enjoy it.

thanks
Pat

·
Registered
292 Posts
I think all these replies have depressed our new friend from West Virginia!

One look at that photo however made me think... the comment "great interior, great engine, just needs body" is about as optimistic as one could get....

If that were my car and it had a nice body, I'd be sick right about now, crying myself to sleep.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Bob is right. Remove as much of the dinged up metal as you can unbolt, and then see what you got.
There's a guy in Greenville SC here on the forum who has a 70 he's parting out. You could get his unibody.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well it didnt set long since 1997 the underbody is excellent not even spec of rust the fame is perfect just the body on the passenger side, the drivers side is perfect no dents nothing but the passenger side is terriable i really only need a passenger side fender and a passenger side quater pannel, the car has no value o pics 2011 018.jpg ther than I love cougars and since this is my first car i would like to get it going, the door may beable to be fixed. here are pics of the worst damage

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts