Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the fallowing Email. Wish I could be so lucky, instead of being the usual Bull Crap.

BMW MOTOR AWARDS

An Affiliate of BMW UK.

28 TANFIELD ROAD,

LONDON, UK.

We are pleased to inform you of the release, of the long awaited results of the BMW CAR INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION PROGRAM held on the 30th of July, 2012. You were entered as dependent clients with: Ticket number: 2752246896 and Secret pin code x7pwyz2009. You have been approved for a payment of ?450,000.00 (four hundred and fifty thousand Great British Pounds) in cash credited to file reference number:BMW:2551256003/23 And a brand new BMW 5 Series Car. You are to contact our-accredited agent for your claim now.

Mrs. Elizabeth Cooper

Email: [email protected]

You are also advised to provide her with the under listed information:

1.Name in full.

2.Address in full.

3.Nationality & Present Country.

4.Age.

5.Phone /Fax /Sex.

6.Email address.

Once again congratulations.

Program Co-ordinator

Email: [email protected](Neal's note,I love how a representive of BMWwould have a Yahoo account). At least they didn't startwith asking for more sensitive info. But why do they need my Email address for? They sent this to me through email? Oh well.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
WHAT - you don't believe it? hmmmm you got an actual ticket number - what could be more convincing than that?!:piss2:

·
I thought I changed this?
1,213 Posts
They just want you to email back, the spams are sent out to thousands of addresses, and if you email back, they know it's live.

They can either try to hack it to use your address to send further spam, or sell it to various databases.
So far as I'm aware, actually opening the email doesn't do anything, just if you reply.

I could, however be wrong
(and I hope I am !)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts