Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi are any one who has bought the Ford workshop manual on CD from this guy
Hayokawolf ORLANDO, FL see Item # 2405332478 on e-bay!
I saw it on e-bay. Sounds very nice , just to print the section ot that you going to work with and that you don’t have to be bothered about getting it dirty and maybe harm it !
$20 seam to be a fair price? But I don’t want try it if any one know if this guy is dishonest
Would be very grateful if some one could help me out here .

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
swede
thats a good price considering the shop paperback set is going for 100.00 and the cd has all the shop manuals in 1 cd..
thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
swede
no but neal aka badcatt has 1 he told me it has all 5 manuals in that 1 cd
thanks
pat

·
Registered
61 Posts
swede
i have one and i think its definitley worth it

thanks
matt

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I have one. I also have the books. The CD is great. You can print out what you want and make notes all over them. Get grease on them, rip 'em up when they don't make sense...... :lol2:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shopmanual

Alright alright. I guess there is no doubt about it If you all say so I´m convinced . If Neal says it´s Ok I´m going for it. ( I´ve bought valvecovers and xr7 hubcaps from him last year , He is a very nice pal . I really trust him and his advice)
Thank you all
Wonderful with friends you can “talk” with when things are a little bit uncertain

It´s not fun when you pay lots of $ and there is no stuff coming!!

By the way I´m looking for a workshopmanuel for my ( sorry should be my wife’s ) red Firebird. Anyone who know if there is some CD versions out there ??

·
Registered
61 Posts
What year firebird....i know there isnt one for 67/68...My buddy has a Firechicken and if they made a cd he would have it.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
408 Posts
I certainly know what it's like to get ripped off on ebay. Can't say I would blame anyone for being cautious. There are some rogues out there willing to prey on the trusting masses.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
The one offered under the number you posted has been sold. It says it's an official Ford licensed product. That would have been well worth $20.

There have been others on ebay offering similar manuals. The CD itself has little or no writing on it, and it IS NOT the real thing; it's a copy, and the quality is POOR.

Don't waste your money on the poor-quality copies...they're not suitable for our needs.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Swede , It´s safe to buy from him,akilawolf is OK. I bought my ShopManual from him .
I had the CD in my hand within a week.

:D

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Swede,
just my $2.00 but i own both of the CD's one from this guy and one from detroit iron as i was going to do a follow up to a article i did in TCCN comparing the two but unfourtanatly we shut down before i did so. Both have what your looking for but in ease of usage the detroit iron CD beats the 20.00 one hands down. now it is also twice as much but it is a stamped cd not burned it also uses paperport viewer not adobe which is supplied with the cd and it comes with more information. it is much easier to jump from topic to topic and navigate. Like i said i won both and will only buy the detroit iron one from now on. The short comings of detroit iron though is if you own several diffrent cars you will need tech support to set up the configuration but the up side is they have great tech support. you can usually find the detroit iron cd on ebay for around 39.99 every day and here is the kicker. you can really bid on any one they have because they ask you to specify what year and make you want i bid on one for a 78 pontaic and got it for my 57 bird. i learned this after ordering the one for my 69 cat. The 20.00 cd i find hard to navigate and you have to page through things alot more. I am working on putting a franken puter in the garage and keeping it just for my manuals with an old printer. i will never buy paperback manuals again i like them that much so whichever you decide to go with i feal you will like them as an alternative to the published manuals.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shopmanual on cd

Ok
Thanks
Many advice here !
I was thinking of print the whole shopmanual out to paper form at my work on a laserprint. I can do several copies. One for my "libery" and one for dirty garage job and one for ...... you know. Whould it be any difference betwen them if you going for print
Thanks Tommy

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
no diffrence in printing them out so far.
here is the link to detroit iron website and its vendors
http://www.detroitironis.com
i have also added it to the links section.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
shopmanuel

Well Matt
Mias Firebird is a 1968 ....so I guess there is no option for a CD shopmanuell then ? . And the paper version is so hevy so it will probebly be more money for shippingcosts then for the book it self .ROFL.
If you have any ide, It would be great
Tommy

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Detroit iron sells all types of manuals for all types of cars pre 74 so suggest you check them out for all your needs especially if your over seas. shipping is way cheap. compared to a ton of 5 inch manuals.

·
Registered
61 Posts
hey swede i checked out det. iron and sure enough there is one on there...i'll have to let my buddy know.

Matt

1 - 18 of 18 Posts