Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work for a major healthcare provider in NE Ohio. My dept. was recently acquired by a tech company (outsourced) and THANKFULLY I kept my job. However, what I (we) do in our dept. is sourced to another country every other month.

On my last pay stub (Thursday the 31st) I noticed something added to my pay. I had my usual salary listed but right under it was something called "Integration Payment", which was almost 3x my salary. I asked my onsite manager if she knew what this was and she said no. I was then directed by HR/Payroll to ask my "Transition" manager about this.

I asked him if this was for real (we've had some issues with the transition) and he said Yes, and to keep it confidential. I then asked him if everyone else got this and he said "No, I'll talk to you next week about it"...of course this was all in emails due to the transition manager being offsite.

So, what I'm asking is, WTH could this Integration Payment be if "I" am the only one getting it.

Has anyone else gone through an acquisition at their job and received anything like this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
When my business partner and I sold our company we took a chunk of money and created a fund to pay a bonus to the employees. Exactly how much each employee got was a function of how long they had been there and how important they were to the company (basically the more they were making the more important they were to the company with a little wiggle room so we could sweeten the deal for some folks that deserved it). The money showed up on their paychecks with some kind of stupid name. Although we had announced that we would be doing this, the new owners of the company didn't want to give us credit for it and they hardly spoke of it. Some employees got more than a years salary in bonus. As I recall we couldn't pay it out all at once, and it didn't payout until all the dust had settled following the transaction. I hope that what you are seeing is something like that.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When my business partner and I sold our company we took a chunk of money and created a fund to pay a bonus to the employees. Exactly how much each employee got was a function of how long they had been there and how important they were to the company (basically the more they were making the more important they were to the company with a little wiggle room so we could sweeten the deal for some folks that deserved it). The money showed up on their paychecks with some kind of stupid name. Although we had announced that we would be doing this, the new owners of the company didn't want to give us credit for it and they hardly spoke of it. Some employees got more than a years salary in bonus. As I recall we couldn't pay it out all at once, and it didn't payout until all the dust had settled following the transaction. I hope that what you are seeing is something like that.
Thank You! A positive comment! :D

I probably should have mentioned that when this transition went down we were guaranteed "at least" 1 year of employment. A lot of us are saying more likely 6 months = Dec, but we don't know.

All I know is I need at least 12 years more of steady employment until I can start thinking of retiring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very important moment in your life imo, it's you either get into the dark side or the light side though if he intended to keep in the dark he could just tell you right away, now you have only involved other people as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts