Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents had a 67 XR7 DGS they bought used in 1971. Myself and my 3 sisters all learned to drive in it. My youngest sister ended up with it, then she gave it to me. I was living on Holloman Air Force Base outside of Alamogordo, New Mexico at the time. Instead of giving it back to the family, I sold it just before being transferred to Germany. I do not have a VIN number and none of my family has any record of it either. It was maroon with a white vinyl top and maroon interior. It was a Dan Gurney Special because it had chrome valve covers and air filter top. When I sold it, it had a damaged hood and front right fender due to a military truck hitting it one day before deploying. This was way back in August of 1985. I know it was a long time ago. I am just curious if there is anyone in the southern New Mexico area that may know anything about it. I know it is a shot in the dark.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
You might try gong through the NM dept of motor vehicles and see if they have record of your sale? - long shot, but who knows?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts