Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
wire

The std Cougar will not have the wires in.I have a 70 wire harnesss that does and also I have a few org tachs if you need anything let me know THX& catz ya later

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ray, do you have '69 standard dash tachs? I owned on 69 that had an empty guage, and one that had a clock in the empty slot, but I vaguely remember reading that a tach was an option for that slot. Is my brain playing tricks on me, or did a standard Cougar tach exist as an option?

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Tric Tach

The spot you are referring to was for the clock only as far as I know.The tach was part of the XR7 and Eliminator pkg.One client I have has put an after market tach in his std 70 Cougar where the clock would be and looks quite good.The tachs I have are the XR7 and E style.I converted one of my 69's to a 70 E/clone and changed over the wire harness in an afternoon.I have to guess that the std Cougar tach was a dealer option that went on column or similar area.I use me ear as a tach when driving.Kinda hard to look ahead and down at the same time.OK Catz ya

1 - 5 of 5 Posts