Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went back and forth about starting one thread on these three topics, but decied to keep it short....
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
How can you take apart a headlight covers and get it back together? Only way I see would be to grind off the spot welds, and after it’s cleaned up and repainted mig weld it back together? Have any of you done this before? <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Wiring;<o:p></o:p>
Will an aftermarket harness for a 70 Mustang work on a Cougar? Ive seen several Mustang options but can’t find any that have leads for the motor for the top? Any suggestions? These things are pretty pricey to get the wrong one. Also, how do you get all the connectors off the old harness? Obviously, I’ve never done this before, but I’m feeling creative lol J<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Convertible top;<o:p></o:p>
I’m just about to start taking it off, the frame needs repainted while the car is being done. Is there a specific sequence to take one off? I don’t want to screw it up so bad it will never go back together.<o:p></o:p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts