Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Does anyone know where to find the connectors through the firewall for a 1969-1970 together with the pins and sleeves. Do I need to buy new harnesses as a fire in a wire caused the connector blocks to melt a bit.
Thanks!
Lars Jakobsson

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Our notable moderator - Bob has sourced a place that has many obsolete connectors! (1967XR7VERT) shoot him a PM and I bet he can put you close to what you are looking for - the search function is lacking a bit on this site.....I have a hard time navigating it

·
Registered
913 Posts
I feel that our friends at WCCC has some old ragged harness they would send the connector, for a price.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
You might try http://www.narragansettreproductions.com/, this is the place that Mike (badcat) was referring to me mentioning I believe. They make some (but not all) repro harnesses for our cars.

Failing that, what Carlton (towcat) is suggesting would be a possibility as well but you are talking some intricate, somewhat demanding work if you need to change out terminals on the ends of wires. How are your soldering skills? The connector itself can easily be changed though, by mapping and then removing the terminals from the block and placing them into the new block. Replacement of terminals might be enough to make you look for an alternative.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts