Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

For a 70 Cougar ,

does anyone have a picture of how the windshield wiper motor must be positioned ?
or how to lock it in place?

cause mine was in a box together with al the rest of my parts and now i'm finishing my
restoration and i have no idea how to "lock" the motor in place

Friendly greetings !

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Hi,

For a 70 Cougar ,

does anyone have a picture of how the windshield wiper motor must be positioned ?
or how to lock it in place?

cause mine was in a box together with al the rest of my parts and now i'm finishing my
restoration and i have no idea how to "lock" the motor in place

Friendly greetings !
Here's a photo. IMG_0477.jpg

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello again,
now where can i find this item to lock the motor in place,
cause this weekend i was searching for it and i dont have it....

i searched online at mustangsunlimited but nothing there,
anyone ?

Greets !

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Which item to lock it in place are you referring to? There are the three bolts shown in the photo above along with another bolt that goes in from the cowl above the pinch weld in the engine compartment. Are you talking about something else?

·
Registered
913 Posts
You have three mounting bolts that hold the motor and plastic shield to the bracket, then this same bracket is bolted to the car with three more bolts. I am working on one right now.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have three mounting bolts that hold the motor and plastic shield to the bracket, then this same bracket is bolted to the car with three more bolts. I am working on one right now.
i'm looking for the plastic shield as you said it, ( as you can see in the photo posted before )
cant find it on mustangsunlimited

at the moment i have fixed it "not by factory settings " :)

Greets !

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
There are 4 bolts that go to the body, the fourth one goes in from the front (toward engine) side of the cowl cap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently bought a used wiper motor bracket ('69 car) but I'm missing the bolts. Where can I buy these bolts ? 3 out of 4 grommets are the same. The 4th one is threaded inside and has a little notch, so it can't rotate when screwing the bolt in front of the cowl panel ...

Greets,
Hans.

·
Registered
913 Posts
i'm looking for the plastic shield as you said it, ( as you can see in the photo posted before )
cant find it on mustangsunlimited

at the moment i have fixed it "not by factory settings " :)

Greets !
I have not see the plastics shield repoped, and most used ones are cracked. You can repair yours (if it's just cracked) with a hot glue gun.

·
Registered
913 Posts
There are 4 bolts that go to the body, the fourth one goes in from the front (toward engine) side of the cowl cap.
Sorry I missed the fourth bolt that goes in the front, but I figured he would see that when he put it together

1 - 13 of 13 Posts