Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings;

I have a 1990 Mercury cougar. My passenger window goes down and up very slow. Sometimes you get it an inch from the top and it takes 3 to 5 minutes just to get that thing to finally go the rest of the way. The driver side was not working when I bought the car. I did find in the trunk a window regulator with motor. I replace the motor in the door and viola, the window worked great for one day. Now pushing on the switch does nothing the window will not go up or down. No buzz. No harm. Nada. Any idea how to check the wiring on this? I cannot find switch replacements and I’m totally stumped. Hope you guys can help me out.
Historical Mind

·
Contributing Member
1,884 Posts
Did you take the face plate off the motor and have a look inside. When those buttons wear out the gear just spins and sometimes you can't even hear the motor running. It could be because this is what happens when they get old.

Don't buy the buttons from the auto part store. Buy the delrin ones they sell on ebay.

1621083099901.png

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you take the face plate off the motor and have a look inside. When those buttons wear out the gear just spins and sometimes you can't even hear the motor running. It could be because this is what happens when they get old.

Don't buy the buttons from the auto part store. Buy the delrin ones they sell on ebay.
Thanks. I’ll take it back apart and look at those PCs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts