Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled out all of my windows the other day getting ready for paint.

A couple of the nylon window rollers (the ones attached to the windows, not the regulators) were broken. Can these be replaced? If so, what is the trick for getting them off? The fastener is a lot like the one way screw in fasteners for a 68 door handle knob.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
They cannot be easily replaced... The fronts can be done by changing the piece in which they mount to, the rears require you change the entire chromed frame.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I was thinking. How is the glass attached? Glue? Any tricks for getting the glass out?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
if you drill out the rivit end of the plastic roller axle , you can punch out the axel--take to you local machine shop and have him drill the center out and tap it for a 10-32 thread---reinstall a new roller or a different one using a 10-32 allen cap screw with a flat washer and lock washer---locktite ok if you never want to take it appart--the same woks well when you want to rechrome the front and rear side window pieces
doctordesoto

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys. I am going to order up the frames from Don. I will have to do the fronts using your technique though because they need rechroming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts