Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone tell me what would cause the passenger door window to be very hard to roll down? It just started over the weekend. I thought the the weatherstripping was istting stuck in the rollers. I removed it, since it was falling apart anyway, but it didn't solve the problem. So before I start taking the door panel off, I wanted to make sure if I needed parts I could get them before I started.

Also, does anyone have a tip to remove the "disc" that hides the screw on the window crank?

Any help is appreciated it. The car is a 68 XR7
Thank you,
Paul

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
peel the disc off--replacements are available---if the regulator is shot you should be able to get a used one as pass side are not used as much---if you go for a repop regulator,remove the rivits one at a time and replace them with button head screws and shot nylock nuts
doctordesoto

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doctor,
Thanks for the reply. My car has the original interior and I was wondering if there was a trick to removing the disc so I could reuse it. Thanks for the info on the repop regs, I think if I need one I will call Don and get an original.

Thanks again,
Paul

·
Registered
224 Posts
My passanger window did the same thing a while back but it start having a rub mark on the glass it's self. I'm not sure what the name of this part is but it is the rod that is mounted on the top and bottom of the door that the window glass rides on. The mount broke on mine and had to pull it out and weld it back together. Not sure if this helps or not? Mine is an XR7 with power windows so I can't help on the crank sticker.

Michael

·
Registered
913 Posts
Doctor,
Thanks for the reply. My car has the original interior and I was wondering if there was a trick to removing the disc so I could reuse it. Thanks for the info on the repop regs, I think if I need one I will call Don and get an original.

Thanks again,
Paul
If you use a hair drier or heat gun to warm it up, and slide a razor blade under it, that's about the best you are going to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts