Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I glued my replacment drivers door window in once over the winter.I used the most expensive epoxy gule they had the kind thats clear and has the double plungers and a 30 minute set time. One day over 80% in ohio it came unglued.Give me a name brand of glue and what type of abrasive I can etch the window with this time.I just cant do the 70 glass now thanks Dan:angryfi:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
the best stuff that i can reccomend to you is not cheap either, but it wont come undone. 3M makes a panel bonding adhesive meant for hanging 1/4 panels on cars. id just clean out the channels really really well and maybe sand the glass a little bit before you set it in. thats all. i used it on my car almost 2 years ago now and its still rock hard and holding tight.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Heard about Estwoods epoxi , that you use when you restore old steringwheels , think it´s could PC-7
I´m about to try that soon on my 69 xr7 .
:D

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ONE MORE THING

How far from the edge of the front and do the edge of the rear glass do the brackets have to be?On the widow that I got as a replacment they were almost to the edge so I put it in like that.It left me hardly any room for adjust ment.I cant remember how far in the original one was. Dan

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts