Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm Brand new to the Cougar world, just bought my first one this week! I'm excited and have been wanting one for a while, and need some help and advice from all you experts out there.
The first thing I have to do is button down all the windows, this is where I need help. Do any of you know where I can find guides and seals for them? And also any diagrams or instructions on putting them in? As of now the rear window and the front windows are overlapping cause I am missing the window pieces that guide the rear of the front window and the front of the rear window where they touch. Also the front windows feel floppy and have play side to side, and need new felt.
Any advice or links or part numbers you guys could suggest would be so helpful! Thanks!
1969 cougar coupe

Attachments

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
There are several vendors who support Cougar specifically. Some parts cross between Cougar and Mustang, but not all. West coast classic cougar, Ken's Cougar, and John's classic cougar in Michigan. Mustangs unlimited, and Auto Krafters also have stuff for our cars.
If there are no felts in the door at all, that will make them feel pretty wobbly. Also, the windows in a 69 are glued it, not bolted. A one year only thing.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Talk to Don for sure - they will get you headed down the path to repairing it. 69's are a pita because they glued the windows instead of bolting them like the 70's.....you really should get yourself soem of the manuals that help to get things done. A shop manual and an assembly manual really help - and electical and body one wuldn't hurt either. Welcome to the board! Nice looking cat you got!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are several vendors who support Cougar specifically. Some parts cross between Cougar and Mustang, but not all. West coast classic cougar, Ken's Cougar, and John's classic cougar in Michigan. Mustangs unlimited, and Auto Krafters also have stuff for our cars.
If there are no felts in the door at all, that will make them feel pretty wobbly. Also, the windows in a 69 are glued it, not bolted. A one year only thing.
Thanks for the help! Is it easy to just convert over to the 70 windows? What all would I need? Thanks again

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Easy to convert to 70, you need all four pieces of glass and the contents from the 70 doors including regulators

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
don's the man, i get all my cougar specfic parts from him!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, don I will be hitting you guys up soon, love the website and the videos, so helpful!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts