Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I could get by without redoing the quarter and wing windows but after having all the chrome and stainless redone I see the error of my ways. Are there any places who could redo these things, completely take them apart and restore them, chrome, seals and all?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I did my quarter and vent windows this January. I sent them to Ogden Chrome in Utha. They came out great. You will need to disassemble and re assemble them yourself. Cost was 150.00 each for a total of 600.00. As for the roller on the quarter window they do not sell it in any Mustang shop. I hound it at a restoration shop that sell some Chevy as well as Ford and other parts. It is a quarter window rivet and roller for a 55 to 57 Chevy. You will only use the rivet and the cost was 2.50 each. I have told Don at WCCC about them and he is looking at trying to get just the rivet.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
If you drill out the folded part of the rivit ,you can drill and tap the rivit body for 10-32 threads and reinstall your orig with a 10-32 allen screw and a washer---i had walkers custom chrome in lake shasta city , ca ,do mine a couple years ago for $400.00 total for four pcs---do not buy the re-pops the mustang guys sell---they wont fit your vent windows or anybody elses
doctordesoto

1 - 3 of 3 Posts