Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painter keeps saying that the car very closely resemble wimbledon white? Is Fawn and Wimbledon white the same? Can anyone help me with a paint code for Fawn? I have seen the PPG but this guy doesn't use PPG?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Fawn is paint code 6 in 1967

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Wimbledon white (Ford) = Polar White (Mercury).
Check this link to see the difference in Polar White and Fawn.

Painter keeps saying that the car very closely resemble wimbledon white? Is Fawn and Wimbledon white the same? Can anyone help me with a paint code for Fawn? I have seen the PPG but this guy doesn't use PPG?

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
There is a distinct difference in the two colors. Fawn is clearly beige and Polar White is off-white.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wimbledon white would look sweet on a 67/68 with a black vinyl top and black pinstriping

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
agreed and it woudl be a color choice for our 68 except we have parchment interior and that would be just too much white...
Have you concidered Diamond Blue (code N)? it is the color of non-fat milk.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I want it back the same as the door tag which is 6, (Fawn). Took me a minute to get used to the color but I now think it is pretty Classy! I have seen some gorgeous colors and some that make me drool but I want to put this one back original as I can. Just trying to figure out how to get the exact color that the factory used.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Code 6 Fawn was also used on 1967-68 Ford Mustangs, only they called it Pebble Beige.

Most paint stores can cross reference it for you from the original paint charts.

I am having a car painted, and I got a 1/2 pint of Acapulco Blue, Valspar has that color. My painter, once we all agree, will have that color made up by De Beer. De Beer, doesn't have Acapulco Blue in their mix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts