Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm selling my 70 Vert but need advise on what will be a reasonable asking price. Here's a description and couple pictures. Let me know what you think.

Is a 70 standard with a 351C, FMX automatic. The engine was rebuilt by a reputable shop in Sarasota FL about 5 years ago with some high performance parts and has maybe 1.5K miles in it. It has a 4bb holley with edelbrock intake, electronic distribuitor, mild cam, hooker headers. Canton oil pan. I don't know what it was done internally. It leaks oil from the rear main. It starts right up. The tranny shifts but I haven't driven it.

The front floor pans where repaired by the PO with fiberglass. The undercarriage is solid, with very minimal rust. Torque boxes are solid as well. The body looks like it has bondo repair to cover holes in the lower quarters, but the rest of the body is solid with very little rust. I replaced the passenger side fender because it had a dent on the top like if someone dropped something heavy on it (I still have the original fender).

The car can't be driven because the front end needs rebuilt, the steering box has a lot of play and the PO removed the power steering (I have the PS pump and hoses)

The top seems to be the original top with the rear split glass window but needs to be replaced. The top goes up and down and there are no hydraulic oil leaks. All glass is good and all trim is there and in good condition. The grill and tail lights trim has pitting. Front bumper is straight and rear bumper has a small dent.

The carpet has been replaced and the dash pad doesn't have any cracks. The rim blow steering wheel is in great condition with no cracks. All gauges work including the factory clock. It has 69 low buckets and need to be upholstered. all the interior door and qtr panels are in good condition.

P1010005.jpg P1010007.jpg P1010004.jpg

P1010009.jpg P1010016.jpg

·
Registered
241 Posts
Honestly, put it up for 10k and you may have a couple nibbles. They will definitely try to talk you down. The final offers will depend on how much the car looks like frankenstein.
Can remember ever seeing a 70 vert that needed pushed onto a dolly going for more than that. Sorry?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I think 10K is too high. I was leaning towards asking $4,800 and hoping to get around $4,200. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I paid 1200 for a car about half as good as this one....so I gotta think 3500-4500 isn't to bad.....

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Ask 5,000....if you weren't so far away now that my white one is done looking for a new project car...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm totally interested in this car! But if cannot drive, and I'm sooooo far away.....I would just need to get it to Long Beach CA, the rest is easy....

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys. I'll post it in craigslist and hopefully it'll go to a good home. Asking price will be $5K. If a member of this forum wants the car I'll let it go for $4,200. Thank you for alll the sugestions!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts