Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just browsing not neccesarily here but the internet in general, Ive come to find that the 69 is the 67-70 cougar stepchild. Personally I like the 69's the best as that is what I chose to restore and looked for specifically. But as far as ad's, model's and parts go its much easier to find 67-68 and 70.I guess what im getting at is.....wheres the love!...
Whats you guy's favorite year and your reasoning for it. Maybe its the horizontal grille..

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
You want a 1969 Cougar model kit? I have one I'll sell you. PM me for details. As far as the 1969 being the "stepchild" I respectfully disagree. It is, like with any car, a matter of personal taste. Remember, some people actually liked the AMC Gremlin. Pat Price

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im sending you a PM about the model,... and no disrespect taken lol. As I said, They are my favorite year, it just seems I am more of the minority. I guess they all have their strong points to. I will be adding a scoop and spoiler to my cougar and painting them black like a 70 would have. But I like the grille of the 69. I guess there is nothing wrong with a 69.5

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
You want a 1969 Cougar model kit? I have one I'll sell you. PM me for details. As far as the 1969 being the "stepchild" I respectfully disagree. It is, like with any car, a matter of personal taste. Remember, some people actually liked the AMC Gremlin. Pat Price
My very first car was a Hand-me-down Gremlin. I LOVED it. And just for the hell of it, I'd own one again.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Step-child maybe isn't the best word. I think the reason the 69 stands out from other Cougars is that the front grill design is horizontal and the center is less defined than 67/8 and 70.
Which personally I like - alot!

·
Registered
980 Posts
A lot happened in 1969....so maybe it was a good year...maybe not.

June: President Nixon announces his "Vietnamization" designed to help the Vietnamese deal with their own problems, and extricate the U.S. from southeast Asia.

1969 – In Gibraltar, John Lennon and Yoko Ono get married.

1969 - The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour is cancelled after the brothers failed to submit an episode before its broadcast date.

Vietnam War: Massive antiwar demonstrations are held in New York

The Internet's symbolic birth date: publication of RFC 1.

The "Chicago Eight" plead not guilty on federal charges of conspiracy
to incite a riot at the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago, Illinois.
Jazz musician Duke Ellington receives the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

July 21: The U.S. wins the space race convincingly by landing a man on the moon. Neil Armstrong, Edwin Aldrin, and Michael Collins fly on board Apollo 11. "Houston... Tranquility Base, here; the Eagle has landed." Event of the century? Possibly; we all thought so at the time. We met the late president's challenge and conquered outer space. This gave Americans confidence that we could beat the Russians in anything... if put to the test.

John Lennon and Yoko Ono begin their second Bed-In for Peace at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel in Montreal.

After the Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) cancels the program, the last Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour airs.

Stonewall riots in New York city mark the beginning of the modern gay rights era
The Beatles album Abbey Road is released in the UK.

The "miracle" New York Mets win the World Series.
The first draft lottery in the United States is held since World War II.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Couldn't agree more! I was a Mopar fan mostly - but the cat has always had my eye too. I like the sharp lines and the rounded sides (Cuda like as well). Even the interior has more appeal I think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts