Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angryfi: :confused: :angryfi:

Well, I keep hearing this hissing noise when I turn off my car so I assumed it was the vacuum resevoir leaking down.. add to that the dent that I have on the driver's side fender, right about where the resevoir is... So, at 3pm today I get the bright idea to take the car apart to see what's REALLY going on, and "fix" the fender.. Oh yeah, the front valance was dented from where I hit something on the freeway a few weeks ago.. aparently it was YELLOW...

SO, I take off the valance, bumper, fender, resevoir... had no idea there were that many bolts... figure like 20ish bolts at 30ish years each.. I undid like 600 years worth of stuck bolts! :angryfi:

It's all back together now at 9:30 and I only had one spare bolt... Straightened the valance, the fender, and the resevoir wasn't leaking.. but at least I know... think it's the seals on the headlight motors... ssssssssssssssssssss....

Anyway, it's shower time... then, it's PIE! I loves me some pie.. hehe

Robert

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
GOOD DAYS WORK

Sounds like an average days work here. I am getting my cat ready for the cougar nationals and building a whole new front end on a friends 66 stang as well. Then i am building a new 4:11 detroit locker for the racer. What a bunch of skinned knuckles I have.. Rather enjoy this kinda work though....Wish I could do it for a living say....3 days a week...

COUGRRRMAN THE DREAMER!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yack, I hate this kinda thing. I like working on my car when, let's say, the engine is already out and I'm cleaning it up and maybe changing the intake, etc... I hate working on things that are a pain in the donkey...

I'll stick to driving it and whipping up some "make me fatter than I am" pastries.. :) yum

Robert

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Hey ... a couple 'o brews and nothin' to do.. what can I say???? Hey your makin' progress!!:D

Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts