Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 2 weeks of hacking, sawing,hammering, and cursing, I finally got my old Leaf springs off and new ones on. So I started up the cat and let her warm up for about 10 minutes and took a lap around the block. I pulled back in the garage and the car had that "hot" smell when I shut it off. Thermostat was still in the normal, but the hose from the radiator to the engine as well aas another was extremely hot to the touch. Is this normal, or what could be causing this?

·
Registered
300 Posts
My car was overheating when I first got it. The hoses were hot hot hot... I thought, WOW, these are weirdly extra hot to the touch...

turned out my radiator had a flow problem, ok, a LACK of flow problem... there was junk in the block that kept plugging the top of the radiator. I backflushed the system about 5 times and the radiator alone about 10 times... then I put a Gano Filter on the top radiator hose. No more overheating. . . hoses are still hot, but not like... oww, I think i just touched the Sun hot.. :)

Gano Filters can be bought from Larry's for $29.95... vs the $39 from MP or MU...

Robert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts