Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it final stops raining yesterday and the sun even came out so I thought to my self "its a good time to open the hood of the cougar and mess around a little". I have only had the car for a month now and am still learning and exploring it. I went out in the mild evening and pulled the car cover off which is currently on to stop water from getting in to the interior due to rotted door and window seals. I had a short list of things to check first was I noticed a loose spark plug last time the engine was running so I pulled it and checked the burn. Next I went to pull the air cleaner assembly off and what do I find but a handfull of half eaten acorns!!:eek2: There must be a squrrel running around trying to make my 390 its new home:D . The good news was that with the first tank of fresh gas and four pumps of the gas pedel the engine started right up after sitting for 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Ive heard of cars getting squirrely, but holy crap :) I Love the sound of a 390 first thing in the morning, most of my neighbours dont ;)

Rick

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
didnt smell any burning rodent after the ride did ya? lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
"I Love the sound of a 390 first thing in the morning, most of my neighbours dont"
My driveway and my neighbors are right next to each other, we basically share a small parking lot between our houses. Ohhh, he hates me in the morning! But loves it whenever I take him for a spin! :)

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
You could have it much worse! I had mice living in my car. They really did a number on it. The made a condo out of the carpet that was being stored in the trunk, tore up the sound deadening to make nests everywhere, and ate holes in my headliner. I'm just glad that the leather seats were out and being stored elsewhere!!! Granted, it took them more than a couple of weeks, but you get the idea.

The mice also like living in my wife's 70 Mach. At first we were noticing seed husks on top of her intake manifold and on top of the shock tower braces. That was bad enough. Then the wife got the shock of her life when she pulled the car out in the spring for a little romp. As she got up to speed, she got literally showered with thistle seeds coming out of the defroster vent, floor vents, heater vents... What a mess! Evidently the little suckers climbed up the inner fender, through the cowl drain hole at the side of the cowl, down through the cowl opening and into the heater plenum. There must have been five pounds of seeds in there!

The total irony of the thing is that we have five cats. Some mousers, eh? I tried trapping the little suckers but they got smarter, so now I have resorted to mouse baits. No more mousies!

·
Registered
889 Posts
I had a squrrel that packed my plow truck with walnuts he placed them all around the manifold.He must have been getting ready for Christmas-chestnuts roasting on a manifold!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts