Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey thanks, I've been looking, there could've been someone else too, but I dont know.
The cars a little far away, but I'll probably call and if it sounds good, maybe I can get out there.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
im assuming it doesnt run but hmmmm.....

·
Registered
906 Posts
Possibly Sold

Hello. I gave the man a call, and if I can arrange transportation, then I will probably buy it. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
906 Posts
And Sold! The car is a factory black on black XR7, runs great and is driveable. Looks like a new project for me! (As if I needed more, but that's another story).
Tim, I am definently interested in your help, it would be great to get some pictures and feedback from someone who knows Cougars. I'll email the owner tonight, and get back to you. That is, if you're still willing to do that.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just knew some member was looking for a new project. If it wasn't that far from my home, i've would take a look at it myself.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
if you decide its too much of a hassle to ship it or otherwise dont want it... let me know. im interested in the car. and if it can make the drive from San Diego to Norwalk... ill definatly buy it. and yes, i am serious as well. dammit.. how come a 69 XR7 comes up for cheap when i dont have another parking space? lol. oh well, ill be making one soon enough.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement, everybody. Jason has been after me for some time to teach him to drive a standard shift. Now we have the opportunity at a reasonable cost. Deposit is in the mail and the 80 year old owner is as nice a man as I have met.
Tim B., I talked to him about someone coming out to check it out and take pictures. Are you still up to it? Email me @ [email protected] and I will give you his address. Thanks again.

Jim

·
Registered
61 Posts
One more of the finest cats is saved! Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Interesting Cougar! Still has the original paint and red pin stripes and trunk boards. Little rust, lots of good interior pieces (nice dash, console, door panels, etc.) It's a real good project car and worth a real good restoration. I didn't have to squint too hard to see what it's glory days were like!

I talked to the guy before I went out there, he has a digital camera, so he could of just sent you the pics, but I wanted to see it ;-) I saw it in the autotrader a few weeks ago.....I should of looked at it then.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Thanks so much for going out there and checking it out. Buying a car sight unseen two thousand three - hundred miles away is tough, so your help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Tim B.

You are the best!! 23 pictures!!! We are still downloading them but I can assure you that I have one excited son right now. Looks like he hit a home run here. We can't thank you enough for taking the time out to check this out for us. Jason will add to this when he finishes the download. Thanks again for the emails and photos.

Jim

·
Registered
906 Posts
Wow! Thanks so much for the pictures. And, luckily, I have virtually every part it needs left over from my last parts car, a wrecked hardtop. I will add the AC/PS/and PDB setups from that car to this one. I also have a better 69 XR7 pass seat and rear valence. I can't wait to start on this beauty!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
You're welcome, he seemed like a nice old guy, in his 80s. With some body work and LOTS of detailing it'll be a nice Cat again. Are you going to keep the factory color combo black/black/black with red pin stripes? Great combo IMHO.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yes, I do plan on keeping the black on black paint scheme. Thats actually one of my favorite parts about the car. Thanks again for going out there and checking out the car for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts