Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody make good quality repro bumpers for these cars? I definately need a new front as somebody pulled this car out of a ditch or something with the front and it has a pretty good (bad?) tweak in it. The back would work for a driver but still I'd replace it if I could find a good one. I can get them rechromed but the bid is like $450 each.

Are these available, and if so, who has the best price on them?

Forgive me if I'm out of protocall here, this is not a wanted add, just a "help wanted" add............. *G*.

·
Registered
633 Posts
AutoKrafters?

I have a AutoKrafters catalog that has them priced at 319.95 for rechroming if you send them your old one. If not it's 364.95.

I don't know if that's the best price. I'm still waiting my other catelogs to come in the mail.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Whisperer...bumpers for that era of cat seem to be in the $300-$400 range. That's where they usually are in the catalogs if you can get them and rechrome shops charge about the same. You might try your local junkyards, but they seem to be a pretty popular item that gets taken off as soon as a wreck comes in... Good luck!

·
Registered
96 Posts
bumpers

I found the best thing to do is keep an eye out for a good core bumper, through web sites like this, eBay, etc.
I got a rechromed bumper from Tricity Plating several weeks ago. Cost about $225 with my core, $280 (I think) with their core. Go to tricityplating.com. I was happy with what I got from them, and they do go to car shows if that wold help you in shipping.
Jim

·
Registered
123 Posts
Whisperer - We've got plating shops coming out of the ying-yang here in Los Angeles, so pricing is real competitive. the Bumper Shop has 67/68's for $150 with your core. Even shipping to Oregon, you'd probably come out ahead. I've gotten several bumpers for other cars from these people and have always been happy with the quality. Way better than repop, but not show quality.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Where are you at?

I replaced mine on my 68 and still have the originals. You can have them if you're close enough to pick em up. I'm in eastern Maryland. They're both straight, but you'll probably want to rechrome them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts