Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an email, saying he is in London, after getting mugged, and can I loan him 1850.00 dollars.
That name sounds so familiar!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Just send me the money directly so I can avoid the mugging. That way, I will have the cash to actually take that trip to London. Pat Price

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Whhat! Your not in London? My Monopoly money is going to a scamer? I have seen this type of scam before. No Federal reserve notes of mine go to them. Merry Christmas all.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Pat check out Big Ben and Parliament while you are there. Did you tell the police? Their sirens go " eeeeee-aaaawwww, eeeeee-aaaawwww....."

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I knew I knew the name! I already deleted it, otherwise I would have posted the whole thing...

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Pat, say hi to the Duke & Dutchess of Cambridge if you get the chance. :buck: John

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Do you have Prince Albert in a can? (Better let him out!)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Dont for get the tea and crunbits, But I had mine hi jacked a year ago and all my friends told thy know it wasnt real to meany words were spelled right

·
Registered
902 Posts
I got one too! Text of email follows....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

This message may be coming to you as a surprise but I need your help.Few days back we made an unannounced vacation trip to London,UK .Everything was going fine until last night when we were mugged on our way back to the hotel.They Stole all our cash,credit cards and cellphone but thank God we still have our lives and passport.Another shocking is that the hotel manager has been unhelpful to us for reasons i don't know. I'm writing you from a local library cybercafe.

I've reported to the police and after writing down some statements that's the last i had from them.i contacted the consulate and all i keep hearing is they will get back to me. i need your help ..i need you to help me out with a loan to settle my bills here so we can get back home tomorrow. I'll refund the money as soon as i get back.All i need is $1,850..Let me know if you can get me the money then I tell you how to get it to me.

I'm freaked out at the moment

Pat Price

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I got one too! Text of email follows....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

This message may be coming to you as a surprise but I need your help.Few days back we made an unannounced vacation trip to London,UK .Everything was going fine until last night when we were mugged on our way back to the hotel.They Stole all our cash,credit cards and cellphone but thank God we still have our lives and passport.Another shocking is that the hotel manager has been unhelpful to us for reasons i don't know. I'm writing you from a local library cybercafe.

I've reported to the police and after writing down some statements that's the last i had from them.i contacted the consulate and all i keep hearing is they will get back to me. i need your help ..i need you to help me out with a loan to settle my bills here so we can get back home tomorrow. I'll refund the money as soon as i get back.All i need is $1,850..Let me know if you can get me the money then I tell you how to get it to me.

I'm freaked out at the moment

Pat Price
I wonder if it would be worth $5 in entertainment value to send them 5 bucks and string them along like the one fellah here with the money order for parts.

Nah, probably not.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I think my e-mail was somehow hacked. I got a call from another friend and he got one as well. I believe I will be changing my e-mail address soon.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
A couple more friends have gotten this and my address book on my Yahoo mail account has been emptied. I am beyond pissed off. It's like being robbed. Pat Price (Who is NOT in London)

·
I thought I changed this?
1,213 Posts
That sucks.

I got my email and my ebay hijacked a few years back.
I was silly enough to use the same password for all of them.

Whoever it was started selling bogus stuff from the USA on Ebay.

Took an absolute age to get it sorted out.
The hijacker was traced through his IP address, but I dunno if anything hppened about it.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Want to hear from some more UK guys? Just post a notice in the parts wanted section and two or three guys will have the part you need clear across the pond where Cougars are so plentiful.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hello.

My name is Pat and i am writting you because my cougar is not an eliminator. To many people have noticed it is not real. Everywhere i go i am always reminded it is a fake. So what i was hoping is that someone would send me your real eliminator so i could feel better about myself at car shows.

Pat Price.

What the heck i thought i would give it a try. Probablly the only way i can get an eliminator.
This was only for fun and not intended to be mean to anyone who has been ripped off by people like Pat.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hello Pat.This is PEGGY! I'm going to have to transfer you. Transfer,Transfer,Transfer,Transfer,Transfer. Hello this is Peggy,I've got a 1970 Cougar Eliminator for you & all of your collected bonus points! All you have to do is send me $1850.00 by UPS international for a fee of $95.00! :toung:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey, my name's Lou.
I have an
'69 XR-7

Hi, my name's Lou. I have a '69 XR-7. I'm putting together a '69 Cyclone and I lost my wallet that had $100,000 in it for car parts. Can you folks get together and help me out?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts