1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I always place my bid in the last few seconds if at all possible and never bid early. Bidding early helps up the price. Also bidding the max I'm willing to pay at the end keeps me from paying more than I want to.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
I don't know but...

I want their name, and I want'em killed.
-Don Rickles

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Got one too, keep it on the top shelf away from the kiddos.
Looks in good shape!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Tis not me !

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Why people get into that tit for tat bidding war in the first 5 days is beyond me. Does nothing but jack up the price (seen car parts go sky high) and in the end the two bidding against each other many times don't win anyway. I ought to know as I have watched many such auctions and in the end, if price still reasonable, I have won the item in the last 3 seconds with only one bid as I don't show my hand or announce my presence before.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
DAMN YOU ALL!!!!! :) :) Quit giving up all the secrets to this ePay crap!!!! Selling my excess stuff is is the only way I can afford to buy new parts from Don!!!! :) :) :)

As a seller, I pray for two or three bidders to start bidding early.....it gets their juices flowing....the "competition"...gets their blood pressure up.....and it moves the prices up!!!! The problem is getting bidders to get excited the same for everything you are selling! .....just doesn't happen sometimes...... I guess it's the same with hookers....that's why you always see them standing around..... DOH!

Have a great weekend!
Steve

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
When I list something, I put a starting bid I can live with and let it go from there with no reserve.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
crap I tried! if anyone here bought this I'm very mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I tried to hit the button at the last minute to bid higher and couldnt do it!
with both my arms in slings this bites!
I was trying to buy me something for Christmas
:cry::cry:

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Juli,

Being mad at anyone for this reason is sour grapes. Use an auction sniper. I looked at the bidding history on that auction and that is what the winner used, their bid went in at 10:33:51 and the auction ended at 10:33:55, this is a sure sign of a snipe. You may not have won even with a sniper in this case, depends on whose sniper gets in last before the auction ends. PM me your email address and I'll refer you to the snipe I sometimes use (you'll get three free snipes and so will I if I do this).

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I gotta chime in here. First, Juli, sorry to hear of your misfortune and I hope that you heal and feel better fast.
Second, I did not bid on this item.
Here is my real reason for chiming in. I have bought a lot of stuff off ebay and I don't use any sniper stuff.
I agree with others on this thread about not bidding until the last 5 seconds of the auction. Put the item on your watch list, don't bid at all until the lst 5 seconds and then bid the most you are willing to pay.
You guys that use the sniper stuff, please explain how this is going to do you any good if someone bids, say $200 at the last 5 seconds and the current bid is at, say $60.
If the sniper software goes up in minimum bidding increments, it ain't gonna make it up over $200 in the last 5 seconds. Also, what do you do, just let the software win the item regardless of cost??
I don't get the sniper software, somebody please educate me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sometimes I use justsnipe.com. It's free if you only use it on occasion. You put in the item number and set the highest amount you are willing to pay for the item. If the item goes over your price you won't win the auction. But if not, it will bid for you within the last 5 seconds and you will be the high bidder. The thing I like about it is that you can set it up and not have to worry about bidding in the last few seconds. You don't have to sit in front of your computer and monitor the auction. It's really great if you have something going on at the time the auction will end. Then you can just check back when you get a chance to see the results. It has been successful for me in the past.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts