Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have good pictures of what a "6D, maroon" interior looks like, VS the "2D red"?

·
Registered
292 Posts
From the SMS web site, I did not find a 6D in cougar for the 67

1967 Mercury Colony Park

Body Style: Station Wagon Trim Code: 6D Color: Red
Vinyl

<label><input name="my_sample_multi[]" value="Vinyl 1967 Mercury Colony Park Station Wagon 6D Red L-2920" type="checkbox">Request</label>
Vinyl

<label><input name="my_sample_multi[]" value="Vinyl 1967 Mercury Colony Park Station Wagon 6D Red L-3095" type="checkbox">Request</label>
On the 68 there was no image for leather. It appears the the "D" designator is for "RED" I am thinking that the number designator is the "shade" of red. As has been suggested, if you can get a sample that has not been in the sun from your car and request a sample from SMS. hope that my muddling around has helped in some small way.
Lloyd

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I sold my 70 in 1993, but if I remember right, it had 5D (red comfort weave). I wonder how many different "D"s there were.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I get home, I can get a sample from SMS. I am just trying to shop around, and see what's what for my 67. Not to mention that there are two listed colors "Red and maroon".
I actually got a good pair of red/maroon 67/8 XR7 front seat covers on ebay a while ago. (Man that was a SCORE!)
I just don't want to end up with a mixed colors interior, or something that is just plain wrong. Like I said, since I've learned the car is a one of TWO, I want to keep the comsetics as original as possible, while still having my way with the drive line.
I have the engine kit for it already, I have a set of 67 disc brakes available, I already rebuilt the trans, with a new torque converter, it has a duraspark igniton, 570 Holley with the "lemans bowls" already on it. 2 1/2 inch pipe with glass packs. Plus I have an extra XR7 dash and instrument cluster for the car! 2012 will be a good year for me! I really plan on finishing up, or making MAJOR progress on a few things before I get relocated to the greater Colorado Springs area..

·
Registered
508 Posts
A hearty pre-welcome to the neighborhood, between Colorado Springs and Denver there are several members here at MCnet. The Front Range is a very active area for classic car enthusiasts.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am looking forward to the move. Idaho, while a beautiful state, has been hard on me for the last 12 years. If it hadn't been for uncle sugar, I'd have been in a broe down van under the bridge by the river....I think there is a decent job for me in Colorado this time. Between Peterson, Ft Carson, Schriever, Cheyenne Mt, and the depot in Pueblo. Plus, I took a 69 'vert to the bone yard in Alamosa. I'm going to find out if it is still there....

·
Registered
508 Posts
I am looking forward to the move. Idaho, while a beautiful state, has been hard on me for the last 12 years. If it hadn't been for uncle sugar, I'd have been in a broe down van under the bridge by the river....I think there is a decent job for me in Colorado this time. Between Peterson, Ft Carson, Schriever, Cheyenne Mt, and the depot in Pueblo. Plus, I took a 69 'vert to the bone yard in Alamosa. I'm going to find out if it is still there....
I'm sure you'll do well here. The Depot just got a new contract and they are doing a lot of build-up down there, Plus Butts Field at Ft. Carson is gearing up for Apache helicopter. Always work for someone wanting it!

Fort Carson will be home to a 2,700 soldier aviation brigade, congressional sources confirmed Monday.

Army leaders briefed Colorado’s congressional delegation Monday morning on the move, which would push the post’s population of GIs to nearly 30,000 and bring an estimated $240 million in military construction to the Pikes Peak region.

“It’s official: Fort Carson will be getting a new combat aviation brigade,” Colorado’s Democratic U.S. Sen. Mark Udall said in a statement. The brigade will be established in 2013 and ready for combat by 2014, Udall’s office said.

The new 113-helicopter unit will be the Army’s 13th combat aviation brigade.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Brian, see my post with pics on your thread "Color Confusion". Post #16. John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts