1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I like the very rare 351 ram air option on the white 69.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I like the very rare 351 ram air option on the white 69.
Somethings rotten in Denmark. After carefully studying that engine picture, I do believe that is a Cleveland sitting in that thar' engine bay. So, I wouldn't get too excited about the ram air, it may not be original either.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ad says numbers matching.....

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Ad says numbers matching.....
Talk is cheap. Look at the position of the two end valve cover bolts and the shape of the end of the valve cover. I knows me a Cleveland when I sees one...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Engine is a windsor, look again..Notice angle of entrance of radiator hose at intake...

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just called the guy. He admitted it was a 351C. And when I asked about the matching numbers he hung up on me !

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
(Licking finger and marking imaginary board) Score one for the ECI. Most astute if I do say so myself. Good thing I am double-jointed so I don't break my arm patting myself on the back... :buck:

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
...Notice angle of entrance of radiator hose at intake...
That is what you THINK you see. The valve cover bolts and shape of the cover are undeniable. Either way it's all good and I enjoyed the detective work. :beer:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Somethings rotten in Denmark. After carefully studying that engine picture, I do believe that is a Cleveland sitting in that thar' engine bay. So, I wouldn't get too excited about the ram air, it may not be original either.

How many factory ram air set ups have you seen on 351 eliminators?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
None. Just sayin' that given the misrepresentation uncovered thus far, other things may be suspect. Capiche?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Sure does look nice though...I'm not normally a big fan of white, but it looks good on the Cougar...

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
This car use to be in jackson MI a few years back. The owner then tried to convince me it was ultra rare and the only 351 c produced with "factory" ram air. Then the next time I seen it at a car show he was down to dealer installed ram air. He sold it to a car dealer in Ohio. Don't know where it went after that, but looks like it is in CO now. it is a nice Eliminator, but I don't think it is $30,000 nice unless it's been improved since the last time I saw it.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
This car use to be in jackson MI a few years back. The owner then tried to convince me it was ultra rare and the only 351 c produced with "factory" ram air. Then the next time I seen it at a car show he was down to dealer installed ram air. He sold it to a car dealer in Ohio. Don't know where it went after that, but looks like it is in CO now. it is a nice Eliminator, but I don't think it is $30,000 nice unless it's been improved since the last time I saw it.
What a shame to misrepresent such a nice car.
It would literally sell itself if the guy had just shut up and answered your questions instead of the tapdance bs you got. Well, that and a better price.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Anyone seen those wheels before with gun metal and the chrome hole inserts?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts