Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum so thanks for being here. I am restoring a 1968 Cougar for a customer and I am looking for clear answers on the best route for a dash pad replacement. I have not spoken with anyone who has used Just Dashes . I spoke with them and they will use the original dash steel bracket and mount their pad to it. Their pad does not have the "stitch" around the edge , just a double line. I have received mixed reviews on the repop by Dahses Direct. Some say the "stitch" is evident but not as pronounced and they all come in with a slight bend and needing the edge at the pillars trimmed to fit properly. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
67 has no cutout for the serial number--can't rember who's i bought but it has stitched and a slight crown to it---someone said they smelled bad but maybe i had a cold during instaliation---it fit good but needed trimming near the windshield---was really tight where the pad and the lower dash meet---i did mine with the glass and dash face pad out---good luck
doctordesoto

1 - 3 of 3 Posts